Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering the Snub Nose Reload - Spares Carry

I use the Bianchi brand 6rd strips and load 2rds, space, 3rds. I find it easier to load them 2rds at a time but I honestly never considered loading only 4rds, derp! I need to locate some of he 8rd strips too. I tried some of the Speed Loaders but their not so great for pants pockets IMHO but a coat pocket wouldn't be too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    This seems like a good time to ask about stocks for J frames that work with speed loaders.
    I prefer Centennials if I'm running a S&W Snubby. Only one option. Craig Spegel centennial grips, the ones that go all the way up to the top of the frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

If you need to speed reload, as opposed to administratively reload a J frame, the beat feet strategy would be my first choice.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Another option is a seven round, tuff products speed strip loaded with two rounds on either end, with a fifth in the center with a gap on either side. The strip is long and can get a little floppy though.

For those of you who carry a speedloader in a pants pocket, have you ever had the rounds come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Another option is a seven round, tuff products speed strip loaded with two rounds on either end, with a fifth in the center with a gap on either side. The strip is long and can get a little floppy though.

For those of you who carry a speedloader in a pants pocket, have you ever had the rounds come out?
    I ran around the range at the HiTS close quarters handgun class all weekend long with loaders in my pockets with nary an issue. Safariland Comp II's and JetLoaders. I have kept loaders stashed in jacket pockets with the same result.

Purdy Gear makes a "thing" for pocket packing a speedloader. http://www.purdygear.com/images/Acce...loader1000.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I carry the four round strip, but with a space between the two set of two rounds. I find this faster and more sure to grip and index to the chambers.
    I have been doing that since you taught it to me. It has worked well in timed drills on the range, and I'm still practicing with it. Thanks again for that tip.

This seems like a good time to ask about stocks for J frames that work with speed loaders.
    I either use a Crimson Trace laser grip on my J-frames, or a Barami Hip Grip with a Tyler T-Grip adapter.

I do have a Bianchi Lightning Grip on an old .357 Model 60, but they stopped making them eons ago. You would have a lot of trouble finding one.
    Last edited by SeriousStudent; 11-05-2014 at 01:11 AM.

Gregg I like the Eagle Secret Service grips.They allow speed loader use with no interference and feel great in my hand and are very compact.bybthe way I do carry reloads but I also carry extra j frames.........cya retro
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    Gregg I like the Eagle Secret Service grips.They allow speed loader use with no interference and feel great in my hand and are very compact.bybthe way I do carry reloads but I also carry extra j frames.........cya retro
    I honestly believe that Mike's speed-loaders are 5 shot types that actually shoot. Guy has a 5 shots all over him.......it's like the old Bianchi ad. Probably needs to roll hard when he visits HiTech Mike's trailer park. HiTech Mike has fancy polymer guns with red dot sights and "non-permanent housing"..........Retro Mike just carries lots of old school guns. I like them both.

I am still trying to warm up to 5 shots. I tend to forget I have them. In most my normal solution is a fixed blade and 15 round magazine for my primary. Currently, when it comes to speed strips, I use an 8 rounder with 6 rounds for my Model 12, and I am goofing around with the 5 round ones with four for my 5 shots.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Thanks for the suggestions for stocks. I've been looking at VZ's and Desantis clip grips. I think the Desantis are probably the way to go as they add options. Are they speed loader compatible.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List