Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: New Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical

so some features were driven by performance, some by looks. i'm ok with that. it's great pistol to shoot.

or you can buy a base gun, and piece and part things until you have just what you want (similar to an AR15 platform), or just accept his version and move on. i like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    My question was why the 92A1 frame instead of the M9 frame. Answer: Looks.
    A rounded trigger guard does not a 92A1 frame make. 92A1s are only produced in Italy and the 92A1 frame is not compatible with the Brigadier slide. The Brigadier Tactical frame descends from the 92G-SD and M9A1.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Hammertime

New Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    A rounded trigger guard does not a 92A1 frame make. 92A1s are only produced in Italy and the 92A1 frame is not compatible with the Brigadier slide. The Brigadier Tactical frame descends from the 92G-SD and M9A1.
    Okay. I am not familiar enough with Berettas to know the difference. I just saw the rounded trigger guard and thought 92A1.

So are you saying the Brig Tac starts out as a 92G-SD, then the trigger guard is ground down to the round configuration and ends up looking like a 92A1 superficially?
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 08-07-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Okay. I am not familiar enough with Berettas to know the difference. I just saw the rounded trigger guard and thought 92A1.

So are you saying the Brig Tac starts out as a 92G-SD, then the trigger guard is ground down to the round configuration and ends up looking like a 92A1 superficially?
    "Being a serious Beretta collector, I have always considered the 92G SD the best model ever produced, but almost too expensive and rare to shoot. I feel fortunate to have been able to work with the fine people at Beretta USA to produce a pistol that, in my opinion, is an improved 92G SD. Having Beretta USA build my dream 92 series pistol is awesome and I’m very happy that a lot of people will be able to enjoy this fine pistol model." -Bill Wilson

More or less. The 92G-SD is a very influential if somewhat obscure 92. Obviously from the quote above it inspired the Brigadier Tactical, and the frame of the 92G-SD became the frame of the M9A1. I believe the 92G-SD was introduced around 2002, and the M9A1 followed ca. 2005. These were US models. As a bit of a Beretta nerd, I'm partial to the designs that came out of the Beretta shooting team, such as the Elite I/II (designed by Ernest Langdon), 92G-SD (designed by "Super Dave" Harrington), and Vertec (designed by pistol-forum's founder, Todd Green).

The Italian produced 92A1 was introduced in 2010 and more directly descends from the Italian 90-TWO design (introduced ca. 2006 and pictured below), which also had a rounded trigger guard. To be fair, Wilson Combat says the Brigadier Tactical sports the "92A1 round trigger profile".

Last edited by JSGlock34; 08-07-2017 at 09:28 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Bumping this thread. My LGS received three new TN produced Brig tac's with Wilson Action Jobs.

One was sold before I got there. The Display gun had a great trigger so I ponied up to put it on that evil seductress...layaway.

LGS guy goes to get the remaining gun from the back and I joke about wanting the display gun and doing a full inspection of the other.

LGS guy pulls gun number 2 out and racks the slide before dropping the mag to lock it open. Slide does not lock back. Repeats, slide does not lock back. Tries both other mags with gun number 2, will not lock back with any of them.

I try Gun number 2 with mags from the display gun. Slide locks back but mag insertion is "funny" like the mag is "sticking." It locks in but feels like it is not inserting all the way and rubbing on the front of the mag. I mention this and LGS guy #2 says he can hear something off when I am inserting the mag. Trigger is good but not as good as display gun.

So I have the display gun on layaway and gun number 2 is going back to Wilson or Beretta. Anybody want to buy a 1911 ? ;-)

Does anyone have one of the Brig Tac Contract pistols that Rocke sells? Or any of the fancy shmancy contract overrun stuff they sell for that matter? Some really interesting (and tempting) beretta make-ups on that site!!

http://rockeguns.com/product/wilson-...aded-contract/
    http://rockeguns.com/product/beretta...gs-issue-case/
    http://rockeguns.com/product/socom-o...bat-robar-mfg/

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Bumping this thread. My LGS received three new TN produced Brig tac's with Wilson Action Jobs.

One was sold before I got there. The Display gun had a great trigger so I ponied up to put it on that evil seductress...layaway.

LGS guy goes to get the remaining gun from the back and I joke about wanting the display gun and doing a full inspection of the other.

LGS guy pulls gun number 2 out and racks the slide before dropping the mag to lock it open. Slide does not lock back. Repeats, slide does not lock back. Tries both other mags with gun number 2, will not lock back with any of them.

I try Gun number 2 with mags from the display gun. Slide locks back but mag insertion is "funny" like the mag is "sticking." It locks in but feels like it is not inserting all the way and rubbing on the front of the mag. I mention this and LGS guy #2 says he can hear something off when I am inserting the mag. Trigger is good but not as good as display gun.

So I have the display gun on layaway and gun number 2 is going back to Wilson or Beretta. Anybody want to buy a 1911 ? ;-)
    I've encountered this issue before. The Brigadier Tactical ships with Beretta's PVD mags, and I do have one which does this. In every 92 i've used it in it will not lock the slide open when empty.
    Feeds fine, ejects OK, will not lock open on empty. My theory is the spring tension is shot , but with nearly a dozen other mags available I'm not concerned with fixing it.

When I picked up my Wilson Combat Brigadier, I had the occasion to check out the Sig Legions. Two of the display pistols had visible PVD finish overspray spots. A bum mag is way more fixable then that.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

all my mags work fine in my Brig-Tac. all 6 (i ordered 3 extras) of the sand resistant ones, all of my 18 rounders from Mec-Gar, and even the factory 15 rounders that came with my older 92F.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Does anyone have one of the Brig Tac Contract pistols that Rocke sells? Or any of the fancy shmancy contract overrun stuff they sell for that matter? Some really interesting (and tempting) beretta make-ups on that site!!

http://rockeguns.com/product/wilson-...aded-contract/
    http://rockeguns.com/product/beretta...gs-issue-case/
    http://rockeguns.com/product/socom-o...bat-robar-mfg/
    I really did not need to find that website. There is some really interesting stuff there.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I really did not need to find that website. There is some really interesting stuff there.
    Dude, I'm telling you. . . When I hit the lottery I'm playing the "one of each" game on that site. Easily the best toy-store I've found to date.

User Tag List