Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical

I used D springs or Langdon Comp springs in both my EII's that ate themselves, some have told me that the use of either of those springs can be a factor in accelerated wear on the gun. No idea if this is true or not.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    I used D springs or Langdon Comp springs in both my EII's that ate themselves, some have told me that the use of either of those springs can be a factor in accelerated wear on the gun. No idea if this is true or not.
    After installing the 13# spring in my 92 Brigadier I wondered about the exact same thing. The tension from the hammer spring absorbs a lot of the force generated in firing the shot. I've wondered what the long term effect might be or if perhaps a stiffer recoil spring might be recommended to offset the effect.
    3/15/2016

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wilson View Post
    I carry EVERY day, ALL day. I normally carry a 1911 4" compact or a B92 Compact, but since the Brig Tacs came out I've been carrying one just because it's my new toy. I'm 5' 10" 175# and am having no problem carrying it all day or concealing it in one of our Lo-Profile II pancake style holsters.
    Doesn't surprise me. While I certainly found the 92G Compact more forgiving in terms of clothing choices, etc., I carried a Beretta Elite II (with a Wilson Armor Tuff green finish on the slide, coincidentally) for quite a bit of my time at BUSA and was always able to make it work in a Milt Sparks Executive Companion or Kramer #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    I had an M9 with a D spring that began experiencing failures to ignite M882 across multiple lots. No issues with the same lots in a G19. A switch back to the stock spring eliminated the issue and, frankly, after a slight period of adjustment I shot the M9 just as well.
    Out of curiosity was this CONUS or OCONUS?

I'd experienced the same with some foreign-manufacture "NATO-spec" ammunition when using the D spring and even more inconsistency when using the 8000F spring. The 92F spring is intended to be a lifetime part, essentially, and should ignite literally anything with a functioning primer no matter how many rounds have been put through the gun. The 92D spring improves the trigger pretty significantly and will certainly bust most US primers but I'd probably think about replacing the spring every 5-10k rounds just to be on the safe side.

I had great success carrying my EII in a Milt Sparks VM2 (I think it was a VM2), for the two weeks I was in a place where I could carry it. It disappeared, was comfortable and relatively easy to get to.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

EII in a JM Kydex and Vertec/92FS in a Shaggy for over a year. As I posted elsewhere, they conceal better than G19 or P30 for me, but 5 inch bbl/36 oz unloaded at the appendix site requires a special kind of dedication.
    I have had several light strikes too with a D spring on unknown (that's a clue) and russian primers.

Bill or Ernest can elaborate on the technical details, but the new Wilson trigger bar should help here -- as it allows the DA and SA travel to be the same, and optimized, improving ignition with hard primers with the D and lighter hammer springs.

My first G-SD had intermittent ignition problems, related to trigger bar variation, until it got a trigger job. That fixed it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Out of curiosity was this CONUS or OCONUS?

I'd experienced the same with some foreign-manufacture "NATO-spec" ammunition when using the D spring and even more inconsistency when using the 8000F spring. The 92F spring is intended to be a lifetime part, essentially, and should ignite literally anything with a functioning primer no matter how many rounds have been put through the gun. The 92D spring improves the trigger pretty significantly and will certainly bust most US primers but I'd probably think about replacing the spring every 5-10k rounds just to be on the safe side.
    OCONUS but the ammunition was all U.S. M882.

That is interesting about the replacement interval on the D-spring. I had assumed it was a lifetime part like the F spring. The D spring in question probably had just north of 15k on it when I began experiencing issues.
    C Class shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Bill or Ernest can elaborate on the technical details, but the new Wilson trigger bar should help here -- as it allows the DA and SA travel to be the same, and optimized, improving ignition with hard primers with the D and lighter hammer springs.

My first G-SD had intermittent ignition problems, related to trigger bar variation, until it got a trigger job. That fixed it.
    Yes the new trigger bars will allow fitting so they hammer arch will be basically the same DA and SA, more hammer arch more ignition energy. Also as a fyi, the standard hammer hits with more energy than an Elite II hammer giving better ignition. The new trigger bars also have a fitting pad at the front so you can adjust overtravel internally and not effect the gun's suitability for IDPA SSP or USPSA Production divisions.

We are also close on the final design of chrome silicone hammer springs which should reduce the stacking feeling and be virtually a lifetime spring. We'll have 12#, 13# and 16#. If you set a pistol up with a std hammer, new trigger bar, 12# CS spring and shoot Federal or Winchester primers you can get a REALLY nice DA pull for competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wilson View Post
    Yes the new trigger bars will allow fitting so they hammer arch will be basically the same DA and SA, more hammer arch more ignition energy. Also as a fyi, the standard hammer hits with more energy than an Elite II hammer giving better ignition. The new trigger bars also have a fitting pad at the front so you can adjust overtravel internally and not effect the gun's suitability for IDPA SSP or USPSA Production divisions.
    The world just seems to be a better place since you've come around here. Can I pre-order 6 of them.

God Bless,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The 92D spring improves the trigger pretty significantly and will certainly bust most US primers but I'd probably think about replacing the spring every 5-10k rounds just to be on the safe side.
    I wonder if the D spring should be replaced every 5-10k rounds or presses? I dry fire a lot and have many many more thousands of dry presses on my trigger than live fire. Combined I'm probably close to 7 or 8k presses.

User Tag List