Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What's the point of the brigadier slide?
    It was initially developed to improve the reliability of the Beretta 96 for the INS/USBP 40 cal pistol trials in the mid 1990s.

It's proven popular with 9mm cometition shooters as well since it results in a softer shooting gun than a standard. 92F while still running reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Why do I get one of these? I've been wanting *a* Beretta for a while, largely because Super Dave, but this looks nice and seems kinda sorta maybe priced well for some amount of half decent work. Why this and not something else?
    You get a feature set that many/most find optimal for a full sized 92. It largely depends how relevant for you to have a fully dovetailed ambi G slide married to arguably best available non Vertec lower.

Does this frame have the "dished" backstrap of the current 92FS models?

Seriously? Beretta makes a gun that people want, and it costs $1200?! That is ridiculous, "limited run" edition where we get to charge an arm and a leg because it has a wilson combat logo engraved on the side. This is a $700 gun! Getting sick of that company, Beretta and wilson. Who cares if it is legal for IDPA. That game is so full of people running around saying "in the real world" or "real life situation" wearing their fishing vests and loading from behind cover with their glock 34 with a magwell on it. JUST MAKE THE ELITE II again for a reasonable price!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Unless every one of the things that I've highlighted are part swaps from other SSP-legal Berettas, I doubt this thing is SSP legal.

+1
    I cleared this with the entire IDPA rules committee prior to committing to this project with BUSA. IDPA lumps all 92/96/M9 models with slide mounted safety/de-cocker together for production #s.

We are awaiting word from USPSA as to it's legality in production.

Bill Wilson
    Last edited by JV_; 11-04-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Unless every one of the things that I've highlighted are part swaps from other SSP-legal Berettas, I doubt this thing is SSP legal.

+1
    Meant for my reply to go with this post, not too forum savy .......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wilson View Post
    Meant for my reply to go with this post, not too forum savy .......
    I fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    You get a feature set that many/most find optimal for a full sized 92. It largely depends how relevant for you to have a fully dovetailed ambi G slide married to arguably best available non Vertec lower.
    What does all this cost otherwise? I'm 100% in the dark here on these guys.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wilson View Post
    I cleared this with the entire IDPA rules committee prior to committing to this project with BUSA. IDPA lumps all 92/96/M9 models with slide mounted safety/de-cocker together for production #s.
    I wonder if they do that with other models.

We are awaiting word from USPSA as to it's legality in production.
    Other than production numbers I see any reason why it shouldn't be approved. There are no features that don't already appear on a production approved Beretta model. Particularly since the discontinued 92G-SD is approved and it has 99% of the features on your pistol.

I think this pistol is a winner. Already emailed WC yesterday and got in line.
    There is always going to be some hate and second guessing with anything new. I have to give Bill Wilson a lot of credit for breathing life back into the often stale Beretta line. Without his interest, I’m sure the recent 92G and 92 Brig would not be back in the current Beretta line. This pistol is unique and IMO priced reasonably. I’ve tracked used Brig / Elite / Vertec pricing over the last 18 months and have seen some used examples sale for more than this new WC Brigadier Tactical.
    Won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m happy to see it and can’t wait to get my hands on one.

User Tag List