Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA deletes flat-footed reload rule, wants feedback on new division

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    How'd they do in a sense of result placement?
    The two G19 shooters placed poorly. If memory serves the gentleman shooting the P239 placed low in the rankings but had a single digit points down.

It's prudent to add that these folks weren't shooting to win the game, they were there to shoot the scenarios, if that makes sense.

I do know of one person that placed extremely well with a Glock 26 at the Florida State Match several years ago, maybe 2005 or 2007 timeframe. But, it was "extremely well" in Sharpshooter, IIRC.

Allowing appendix carry of mags and the gun would go a long way for me.

Hell, even allowing mags forward of the hip would be tempting. It would be nice to actually use my carry holster and pouches instead of a specific IDPA gamer rig.

Full cap mags would be fantastic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post

Full cap mags would be fantastic as well.
    Since this is bound to turn into an IDPA wish-list (if it hasn't already), I have a question....

Why does this matter so much to people? It's something that used to bother me, then I got over it, so I'm curious as to why people cling to it so much, and it is so-often repeated.

Site Supporter
    Actually, let's not turn this in to a wish list, we've had plenty of those threads.

Let's keep this discussion about the OP and the two options at hand - and AIWB is not in that list.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Since this is bound to turn into an IDPA wish-list (if it hasn't already), I have a question....

Why does this matter so much to people? It's something that used to bother me, then I got over it, so I'm curious as to why people cling to it so much, and it is so-often repeated.
    Because people take stuff too seriously.

Optics and lasers....at my local club they let me shoot outlaw with a rmr G17 or m&p9. Granted I do hear a ton of snickering. At the same club held 3 gun match Justin and I ran rmr pistols only and got the " if I had a $500 sight on my pistol I'd shoot that good too".....

Well, why don't you?¿?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Good to hear Capitalism is alive and well in Berryville!!!!
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Glock 19 as a compact gun? Huh - did they mean Glock 26 sizes? I don't regard my 19 as particular compact. A gun that normally carries 16 rounds isn't small.

I don't get it. Why not Poppa Glock, Mamma Glock and Baby Glock?

Well, there go my two flat footed penalties - all for naught recently.
    17 service pistol, 19 has always in my recollection been classed a compact and the 26 a sub-compact. IDK.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Thinking about this some more...

I'm not sure the "optics and lasers" option has the cash, interest, and tech to be sustained. Strictly from a participation standpoint there are more barriers to entry in that proposed division, and less people to participate, than in the "compact" division. I like that a new shooter could come out with his ACTUAL carry gun and compete right out of the gate without trying to compete against others with a Glock 34 or similar. I know that when I started out I had no idea what guns other people in my same division were using, nor the advantage that gun might give them.

User Tag List