Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: IDPA deletes flat-footed reload rule, wants feedback on new division

Couple of comments...

1.) I'm glad IDPA is coming full circle on the reloads thing. I hope AIWB becomes something they'd consider too..

2.)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    It's not. I was gently mocking the common practice on the internet to project one's own priorities, choices, and circumstantial limitations onto everyone else. Like say, if a person who carries a Glock 34 daily chides someone else for 'only' carrying a deep concealment or pocket gun - but that person works in a formal business environment - or a person who works in that formal business environment chiding others for carrying unrealistically large guns that 'normal people can't carry', like G19/17/34, etc.
    I am that person. I'm carrying a Kahr PM9 because I can't risk printing with the CZP01 I usually carry outside of work...

3.) I shot a few local matches with my G23 and won... The grip was goofy and cut the web of my hand a lot, so I just kept using my G22. I won a lot of larger matches with my G22.
    I don't think it mattered much, except for the fact that it cut my hand a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    Being able to have an untucked instead of tucked shirt seems to me to be the biggest dividing line between a person being able to carry a rather substantial pistol or having to compromise a little or a lot.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by TElmer2 View Post
    Personally...I would love to see the addition of appendix carry for IDPA, including appendix reloads. I know, wishful thinking.

I am going to vote for CCP. I think that is a great addition due to the popularity of 19s, M&PCs, etc. I think it would push some people into a new challenge which is always a good thing. What's also awesome as they have said that "G19 size" this includes a lot of firearms. P2000, CZ P-07, SP2022 and other models that people don't shoot but that I have a personal affinity for lol
    I think they made the gun requirements to easy. I have shot several tier two matches and I always use my EDC gun a Glock 27 subcompact in 40 caliber. I think allowing the glock 19's in this division is wrong, the maximum barrel length should have been 3.5 or 3.8 inches. Make it a true COMPACT gun class.

Also, are they going to allow the j-frame size revolvers to shoot in this class because I would love to shoot my snubbie.

Site Supporter
    We were talking about this yesterday. First, there was a 10 minute debate between the SO and an expert shooter (range lawyer) over the flat footed dance. Give me a break - this is a local club match. Second, allowing a G19 with 8 rounds - why? So G19s don't compete with the 34s. I shoot my 19 or 17 in SSP. I shot my 26 in SSP yesterday.

There should be a category - "Yeah, right - you really carry that, haha!"

User Tag List