Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I Compete with a Smith and Carry a Ruger?

I missed the memo, wh not carry the 929?

Fwiw, I carr(ied) Smiths, Colts, and Rugers interchangably. Ramp fronts painted with hi-vis paint, fixed read notches blacked out, all of them six-shooters. Never had a reason to be concerned with the cylinder release.

Think he will be carrying a semi-auto, so this may be moot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I missed the memo, wh not carry the 929?
    It's a 6.5 inch N-frame, so it'd be like carrying a small car. I like my 929 a lot, but there's no Galaxy where it's a carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    It's a 6.5 inch N-frame, so it'd be like carrying a small car. I like my 929 a lot, but there's no Galaxy where it's a carry gun.
    This, it's as long as a whale rope and pretty heavy too. I'm still carrying a G19 at the moment but am still looking at the Wiley Capp GP100. I probably won't make a decision until the first of the year when I actually start the shooting season again. I don't have enough time to practice during the Christmas season to make a carry weapon switch right now.

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    If I can conceal it do I get to keep it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy45 View Post
    Do you guys think a Smith (929) and Ruger (GP100) are similar enough (both being revolvers) that one could shoot them interchangeably? I am considering picking up a 686 or 686+ but the GP100 has a good reputation and seems to be a little easier on the wallet.

The reason for this is I am shooting a 929 in competition next season and am considering carrying a revolver next year as well. I like to carry and compete on the same platform and revolver just looks like fun. What do you guys think…2 Smiths or a Smith and a Ruger?

Jeremy

Up front I'm a S&W revolver fan boy!

My two favorite EDC revolvers = GP100 3inch and M686 2.5 or 3inch.

I like the GP100 3inch the best because of the grip. That grip soaks up recoil ! Doing Bill Drills is like cheating when using 38spl or 38spl +P. ( Original rubber grip with wood side inserts)
    Now I like S&W looks over the Ruger GP100.
    Accuracy is the same and is excellent.
    I've shot some of my best groups using a M686 and GP100.

Ive been thinking of giving up my Hi Cap Pistol and go back to a 6 shot revolver for EDC. I would still carry my M642.
    I carried the 3inch GP100 AIWB. We called them Belly Guns back in the day.

Yeah I have lots of love for the GP100 even being a S&W fan boy. But that's about the only Ruger handgun I would own.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I actually prefer the 3". But haven't seen them locally for some time and the CS-1 3" I've seen have been ridiculously priced. I'd go the 3" first of I coild. I'm actually looking around for something like that now.
    Like a fool I sold off all my S&W K&L and my 2 GP100`s! Can you get or order the 2.5-3inch M686 without the lock?

I carry a 642 mostly, LC9 part of the time and once in a while a 2-1/2" 19. You just pull the trigger on all of them.

For me the stocks would make the biggest difference. It comes down to where the pistol points in a hurry.

User Tag List