Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P pro 5" and M&P 4.25"

M&P pro 5" and M&P 4.25"

I have a M&P pro 5" 9mm that I use for idpa that is having failure to eject issues.

Until the issue is resolved, I decided to get a spare M&P 9mm.

I went the local shop near me and handled the 4.25" M&P, and I like the feel of that in
    my hand better than the 5".

I was wondering if the shorter sight radius would effect accuracy that much.

Thanks for any opinions.

What ammo did you use for the FTE's?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Magtech

It did not happen when I switched to Federal from walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by jmi786 View Post
    Magtech
    That may be your problem right there...

Someone with more experience with the brand may chime in and school me, but in my [very] limited experience, I can't even get that crap to function in my revolvers.

I've found Magtech to be superb ammo in .38 special (sub 2" @ 25 yards for their 158 gr RNL) and also prefer their 9mm ball but I rarely find it for the price of Blazer. But YMMV.

I don't think you're likely to suffer much accuracy wise with the 4.25. But then my 5" Pro 9 was seriously accuracy challenged anyway.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

JHC,

I assume you no longer have the 5" M&P pro?
    Do you have a 4.25" model now?

Got this one last week and still haven't shot it. Im anxious to see how well it does compared to my Glocks...especially since reading that the M&P 9mm's have lockup issues. Mine was made 7/14/11...hopefully I won't have any issues.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by jmi786 View Post
    JHC,

I assume you no longer have the 5" M&P pro?
    Do you have a 4.25" model now?
    My Pro 9 sold off to a comp shooter who loves it and nope, I don't own a 4.25. But Todd's endurance test 4.25 was extremely accurate.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Garner View Post
    Got this one last week and still haven't shot it. Im anxious to see how well it does compared to my Glocks...especially since reading that the M&P 9mm's have lockup issues. Mine was made 7/14/11...hopefully I won't have any issues.
    You are probably looking at 99% likelihood of no probs. The lock up thing is more about wringing all the potential accuracy out of the platform than functioning as I understand it.

The accuracy isn't that much different in my experience, but the 5" is easier to shoot accurately at speed.

User Tag List