Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Importance of Logistics.

The Importance of Logistics.

So, I purchased a Match Tanfoglio and called EAA for grip options. In short, there are none-and the vendor she pointed me to carried not one iota of Tanfoglio associated parts, grips or otherwise. This prompted me to search out the Tanfoglio website, which has all manner of parts and whatnot available for direct order.Huh? Whats that say at the top of the page.....

"NOT AVAILABLE TO US CUSTOMERS!"

Well kitten me. Good thing I didnt break anything serious,no? When I shop for the next gun, ill be sure to check on its aftermarket and factory support first.
    Besides Glock, are there any other brands which have good parts availibility? An OK gun which can be fixed would appear to be better then an excellent gun which is basically disavowed by the factory.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

If you like CZ, my experience is you can go to their website, pick your gun schematic, and buy almost every part for your pistol sans slide, frame, and magazine tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    If you like CZ, my experience is you can go to their website, pick your gun schematic, and buy almost every part for your pistol sans slide, frame, and magazine tube.
    If you need the last two, talk to CZ-USA's CZ Custom in Mesa, AZ and they'll sort out the slide and tube for you, I believe. Great people. CZs have awesome support in the US. Clones, less so.

In addition to factory and aftermarket parts availability, there are plenty of holster makers cater to the CZ market.

CZ Custom Shop, Automatic Accuracy, and Cajun Gun Works offer superb custom work for the brand.

However, when it comes to silly useless doodads, CZ doesn't have as much support as Glock.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 10-30-2014 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    So, I purchased a Match Tanfoglio and called EAA for grip options. In short, there are none
    I just found this: http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/eaa.main.html

Glock, S&W, Remington, Mossberg, Beretta and Colt have generally been good to excellent on various guns over the years. Ruger in many cases will not sell parts and makes you send things back to the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Glock, S&W, Remington, Mossberg, Beretta and Colt have generally been good to excellent on various guns over the years. Ruger in many cases will not sell parts and makes you send things back to the factory.
    And classic SIGs. As far as logistical concerns go, Cop guns are your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post

Thanks for the link.

Alas, his grips fit the older Witness frames,and not the larger kind imported by EAA today.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Doesn't Hogue cover the Tanfoglio guns? http://www.hogueinc.com/store/catego...and-sphinx/125

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Doesn't Hogue cover the Tanfoglio guns? http://www.hogueinc.com/store/catego...and-sphinx/125
    Yes, those are for the older 9mm TZ-75/TA-90 models. They don't fit the newer large frame models currently sold .
    The Minority Marksman.
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List