Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taser X26C holster

When you get it, post some pics and a quick review.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I've used the ALS version of the taser holster for a number of years now. I wear it on my off side for a support hand draw. Coming from the Blade Tech, it was a big step up; specifically with regard to security and durability. I had issues with breaking the hangers on the BTs and constantly found the hood had gotten pushed open and was no longer retaining the device. I was a bit disappointed with the ALS design at first. It's different ergonomically than the pistol ALS design. It took a short bit of getting used to but I've found it to be pretty intuitive in the same way the pistol version is (albeit still a bit different) and has functioned well for me. It has held up well getting beaten around on my duty belt. If I had to buy another, it'd definitely be my choice over the BT and Slurpa.

Quick pic...

t

Yup that's the same one I run. For the other guys, there is no hood on this model, when you pop that lever on the top, the taser rocks back and out of the holster. It's very fast.

That is interesting. I went with the SERPA in an off-hand draw specifically because it was a different motion than my 6360 duty holster.
    I was leery of the Safariland offering for that reason, but it appears to be a different enough draw that it will work out ok. Now just to get Tasers at my new agency.....
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Taser X26C holster

On ya'lls suggestions I switched from the Blackhawk to the Safariland. The timing was right as after I removed the Blackhawk from my belt I noticed a small crack on the little tab that retains the Taser. The Safariland is working well for me and after some practice is every bit as fast. It has two small retention tabs vs the one that the Blackhawk so there's no doubt retention is better on the Safariland. The Safariland is also reversible which is something the Taser/Bladetech and Blackhawk are not. The only downside I can see on the Safariland is that it's slightly larger than the Blackhawk but is not that significant.

User Tag List