Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taser X26C holster

Taser X26C holster

What's the best choice to carry a Taser X26C crossdraw appendix on a 1.5" belt?
    Safariland 6342 ALS, 5122?
    Last edited by JodyH; 10-29-2014 at 04:10 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I like the ALS rigs for the taser for ease of draw and reholstering. Several times I have jacked the battery on the unit because you lever the weapon out of the holster and it puts lots of stress on that connection area. It eventually manifests itself in the unit losing power and requiring a tap on the bottom to get it to reboot. No one else I know has regularly experienced this problem and most use blade tech style holsters.

FWIW I run it left handed on my duty belt and on my tac rig.

We are issued a blackhawk Serpa holster for ours. We are not allowed to use any other holster than the one issued to us. It must be positioned on your off side for dominant hand cross draw.

JR1572

Site Supporter
    We're issued the Blade Tech holster, must be worn on the support side for a support hand draw. I would much prefer and ALS, but policy is policy.

I'm not a fan of the Serpas, even for the Taser. We found they are rather easy to pop open if you get in a grapple and the Taser ends up on the deck.

We use the taser holster from taser. But I went with a serpa

I've been using the Sherpa holster for the last year and I like it. I wear it crossdraw at about 9:00 and have had no problems with retention of removal. I am thinking about trying a Safariland but I'm not sure about the hood mechanism on them.

A holster that can be jammed up with a pebble, ripped off the belt if caught on a chair, and uses the trigger finger to release. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    I've been using the Sherpa holster for the last year and I like it. I wear it crossdraw at about 9:00 and have had no problems with retention of removal. I am thinking about trying a Safariland but I'm not sure about the hood mechanism on them.
    I had the hood and hated it. They have a ALS rig now that has a button on top. It's ambi and draws fast. Locks back in perfect.

The ALS one is the one I was talking about. I've never seen one in person but looking at the pictures the ALS model looks like the hood is actuated by a button on top. Is this right? Anyway, I have Safariland ALS Taser holster on the way now so I'm sure I'll figure it out in a few days.

User Tag List