Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GADPA Discontinues IDPA Affiliation

I would like to hear about the future. The more I look at PASS and USCA, the less I like them. the KSTG rules are looking pretty good right now.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I hate to interrupt a good IDPA bash with facts and stuff, so ya'll can go back to doing that now.
    That's a pretty fair point against the internet in general, but I also think IDPA has fairly earned a lot of the animosity directed its way.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    the KSTG rules are looking pretty good right now.
    KSTG has some potential for sure, but G34s need to be legal. I know it's been decided otherwise though.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    G34s need to be legal.
    Agreed

So... To continue the tangent. While the IDPA rules ruffle my vest so do the KSTG rules. Where they differ is that Todd has engaged in conversation concerning the rules. While said explanation may or may not be agreeable he was willing to discuss it. That makes me wanna grab my G17 and shoot it. IDPA says they listen and then does what they want anyway because they never intended on changing. Same result, on party respects the participants while the other collects sponsorship dollars.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    So... To continue the tangent. While the IDPA rules ruffle my vest so do the KSTG rules. Where they differ is that Todd has engaged in conversation concerning the rules. While said explanation may or may not be agreeable he was willing to discuss it. That makes me wanna grab my G17 and shoot it. IDPA says they listen and then does what they want anyway because they never intended on changing. Same result, on party respects the participants while the other collects sponsorship dollars.
    That makes a significant difference to me too.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    I can, too. But I don't think that is representative of the majority of action pistol shooters. And, as a Match Director, I need to fill out squads to make matches a success and to make enough to justify the time and investment. I am catering to my customers and a competitive marketplace. IDPA sanctioned matches have more than doubled in the last 5 years. Clubs are competing for customers. One way to do that is to jazz up the stages with interesting props, challenging shooting positions, etc. While some of it seems corny, it challenges competitors mentally and makes it more fun for others. USPSA stages I have shot recently involved shaky bridges, use of vehicles, carrying a briefcase forcing strong hand, etc. It's not just IDPA.
    Cody
    The SC State Championship was one of the oldest running sanctioned matches in the country. Right up until 2012 when IDPA HQ pissed off the old and new match directors. Their answer was to stop holding a sanctioned match. One that they never, ever had an issue finding shooters to attend. They never had a problem designing stages that complied with not only the rules, but with the original intent of IDPA and managed to make sense.

I'm quite familiar with GADPA, their stage design rationale, props, and logistics in running a match. I'm also acquainted with several of their BoD members. I was shooting IDPA at SRGC before the guy that started GADPA came along as far as that goes. The only I bring that up is to clarify that I'm familiar with not only the players but a good majority of the games they play. I quit attending their monthly matches out of a matter of principle and a quite frankly got tired of having discussions about rules that usually start with "I don't know where you get your information but at GADPA...."

Also, for the record, after having been a card carrying SO since 2001 I didn't recertify in the new system out of protest with many of the rules changes. My email to IDPA HQ has still not been replied to. So I'm not an apologist for IDPA, it's just the best game around for my purposes.

IDPA has been getting a lot of heat...more so than usual and more and more from it's own (former) supporters. I shoot USPSA regularly; and one organized monthly outlaw match a few times a year. No organization fits "my idea" of the perfect game entirely either.

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    IDPA has been getting a lot of heat...more so than usual and more and more from it's own (former) supporters. I shoot USPSA regularly; and one organized monthly outlaw match a few times a year. No organization fits "my idea" of the perfect game entirely either.
    If we can compare shooting to religion, one can possess a genuine faith without having found an organized cult whose dogma we can accept entirely. Fortunately, with shooting, unlike with faith and religion, total acceptance is not an absolute pre-condition.

I am a GADPA member. I got the email a day or so after the match, which I shot. The match was very challenging, the movers here have to be seen to be believed and they don't slow down the match at all, most are self resetting. I am acquainted with many of the BOD members, they have always seemed to be reasonable men.

But I do know there has been friction between GADPA and the national organization. I am not sure of the origin of this friction. I have been told there is a long list of reasons but I haven't seen this list yet.. I am trying hard to withhold judgment for a few days but I am beginning to think there is a dose of butt hurt here in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    8.2.1.1. Handguns permitted for use in SSP must:
    8.2.1.1.1. Have a minimum annual production of 2,000 units.
    Not to derail, but why didn't IDPA say anything about 2000 units or rule 82111 then? As an IPDA Member, if I want to get the real justification for a rule change, must I ignore what the clarification says and instead talk to "multiple Tiger Team members and employees about it"?

If I recall, USPSA lists the gun as having more than 2000 units; was that the mistake?

User Tag List