Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GADPA Discontinues IDPA Affiliation

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I've considered taking my club to USPSA and departing IDPA, myself.
    Do it. The second weekend of the month is yours. That will give us five matches a month every month of the season in SWOH.

Immediately after the usually successful IDPA Georgia State sounds like a strange time to jump ship.
    Unless they got fed up after taking people's money and had to put on one more match.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Immediately after the usually successful IDPA Georgia State sounds like a strange time to jump ship.
    Not as strange as IDPA banning a very popular pistol the day before Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Not as strange as IDPA banning a very popular pistol the day before Nationals.
    From what I heard all three participants that planned to shoot it were extremely upset. ;-)
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    From what I heard all three participants that planned to shoot it were extremely upset. ;-)
    I know you're joking, and it's likely that not that many people were affected.

However, the timing of the decision was a major dick move that left a really bad taste in the mouths of a lot of people, most of which don't even own a CZ pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I've considered taking my club to USPSA and departing IDPA, myself.
    I really like the USCA rules with a couple of exceptions. If they allowed for pistol - only matches and allowed MD'S to require concealment.

PASS is a draft...will take time to work out the rules.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I know you're joking, and it's likely that not that many people were affected.

However, the timing of the decision was a major dick move that left a really bad taste in the mouths of a lot of people, most of which don't even own a CZ pistol.
    I agree the timing was poor. I oft times wonder if Joyce and Robert are trying to run IDPA into the ground. It's certainly not the sport it used to be when I joined 14ish years ago. Fortunately there are still a couple of local clubs that have IDPA shooting matches based on solid scenarios, not sticking you in the trunk of a car with hands cuffed in front and a loaded pistol and calling it plausible.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Fortunately there are still a couple of local clubs that have IDPA shooting matches based on solid scenarios, not sticking you in the trunk of a car with hands cuffed in front and a loaded pistol and calling it plausible.
    You mean that doesn't happen to you weekly?

Do it. The second weekend of the month is yours. That will give us five matches a month every month of the season in SWOH.
    It will be easier, now that we will be able to shoot the side berms after the range improvements.

I agree the timing was poor. I oft times wonder if Joyce and Robert are trying to run IDPA into the ground. It's certainly not the sport it used to be when I joined 14ish years ago. Fortunately there are still a couple of local clubs that have IDPA shooting matches based on solid scenarios, not sticking you in the trunk of a car with hands cuffed in front and a loaded pistol and calling it plausible.
    A very well known Match Director once told me: "what we are selling is entertainment." Interesting, clever, and fun COF should be part of the game. Perhaps there is a demand for "old school" type COF...but I don't see it. Participants are looking for a fun challenge, not just to see how fast and accurate they can shoot a stage.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

User Tag List