Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: GADPA Discontinues IDPA Affiliation

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    I couldn't find this post anywhere on facebook or anywhere on the internet except here at pistol-forum.
    Can you provide more information? It's not anywhere on their timeline. I sent him a message with the contact information.
    The contact for SO training in the area is Karl Redinger.
    It is currently the second post on their time line.

You can call USA direct, Shannon works there full time. And if Shannon isn't there someone else will typically answer, unless they are all on the range.

Site Supporter
    Have been a IDPA match director in the past. Moved to a area with no practical pistol matches of any kind.
    There is a local range that is useable for matches. Can not bring myself to start a new IDPA club. Leaning toward KSTG.

Quote Originally Posted by wadavis View Post
    Have been a IDPA match director in the past. Moved to a area with no practical pistol matches of any kind.
    There is a local range that is useable for matches. Can not bring myself to start a new IDPA club. Leaning toward KSTG.
    Good idea...if you can find enough shooters. How much interest is there?
    FYI, Shoothouse Shootout is scheduled for May 16-17.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Thread rebirth!!!

GADPA as a separate entity is done. It has re-affiliated with IDPA beginning in 1/21. Some of the GADPA players that were involved with the split will no longer be with the club.

My understanding is that the ultimate demise of GADPA as its own thing multifaceted with the primary reasons being that it never grew beyond the metro-Atlanta area and its membership wanting to involved in a sport in which they could shoot a wider variety of sanctioned matches.

Supposedly, the state championship match will rotate between clubs in north, south, and the middle GA. I don't know which clubs those will be. The one in Valdosta has been hosting multiple sanctioned matches per year. Who knows whether IDPA considers Savannah middle or south.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

We realize there will be several questions and we ask for your patients while we address those concerns.
    -GADPA letter, original post

The real reason for the failure is that is was a medical organization bent on stealing business from other providers. I mean they blatantly "ask for your patients (sic)". Sorry I have little "PATIENCE" for misuse of homonyms.

Spelling Nazi -- OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    GADPA as a separate entity is done. It has re-affiliated with IDPA beginning in 1/21. Some of the GADPA players that were involved with the split will no longer be with the club.
    This looks like what Grandma called "cutting off your nose to spite your face."

My understanding is that the ultimate demise of GADPA as its own thing multifaceted with the primary reasons being that it never grew beyond the metro-Atlanta area and its membership wanting to involved in a sport in which they could shoot a wider variety of sanctioned matches.
    Something I always think and sometimes say every time an outlaw match comes up.

The Atlanta area is right on the edge of my "combat radius" for major matches and while I shot several Georgia State IDPA matches at South River (also CAS at Cherokee and BPCR at River Bend), I would not make the trip to learn a new set of rules.
    Especially THOSE rules. I seem to be the worst shot on the internet, so I guess I can admit that the GADPA target and scoring were confusing to me. The multi-zone target and the one, two, or three hit scoring were not things I thought I could manage on the fly.

I do shoot a couple of outlaw matches, largely because they are conveniently located. Also they are less distinct from IDPA than GADPA. Frex my home club differs only that threat targets are marked instead of non-threat. The next closest outfit is more stripped down, but shoot it like IDPA and you will not do badly.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    This looks like what Grandma called "cutting off your nose to spite your face."

Something I always think and sometimes say every time an outlaw match comes up.

The Atlanta area is right on the edge of my "combat radius" for major matches and while I shot several Georgia State IDPA matches at South River (also CAS at Cherokee and BPCR at River Bend), I would not make the trip to learn a new set of rules.
    Especially THOSE rules. I seem to be the worst shot on the internet, so I guess I can admit that the GADPA target and scoring were confusing to me. The multi-zone target and the one, two, or three hit scoring were not things I thought I could manage on the fly.

I do shoot a couple of outlaw matches, largely because they are conveniently located. Also they are less distinct from IDPA than GADPA. Frex my home club differs only that threat targets are marked instead of non-threat. The next closest outfit is more stripped down, but shoot it like IDPA and you will not do badly.
    Several of the GADPA Board were banned from IDPA at the time of the split.

I never shot a GADPA match. I was fed up with the way the whole thing went down and pretty much abandoned matches for the open enrollment training world. I'm not looking to jump back into the match scene, but I'll probably shoot some club matches from time to time as some real life changes make travel difficult except during the summer.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List