Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GADPA Discontinues IDPA Affiliation

GADPA Discontinues IDPA Affiliation

GADPA is the host of one of the Georgia State Match, one of the premier IDPA matches in the nation. It's interesting they did not adopt another affiliation (See PASS thread), but are doing their own thing. I hope this shakes up IDPA in a way that supports popular trends, such as WML, Lasers, and AIWB, and enables Match Directors more flexibility with stage designs. If not, it's a free marketplace.
    Cody

Letter from GADPA:

To our GADPA Family,

You are receiving this email to inform you about a decision that the GADPA Board of Directors has made about the future of our club. As of October 27th, 2014, the Greater Atlanta Defensive Pistol Association is discontinuing its affiliation with the International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA).

This decision was not taken likely. Due to irreconcilable differences with IDPA Headquarters/Leadership, GADPA is perusing a exciting new direction. Matches will continue under the GADPA banner (Both indoor and outdoor ranges). These events will now be GADPA matches, not IDPA matches. GADPA will continue to deliver the quality you have come to expect. Please be patient while we make this transition.

This decision is made with the best intention for our club. We realize this may not sit well with some of you. However IDPA in Georgia will continue under other clubs. We realize there will be several questions and we ask for your patients while we address those concerns.

We appreciate your understanding and we look forward to serving you in our new direction.

Sincerely,

GADPA Board of Directors
    Capel English
    Rhett Crutchfield
    Mark Gallo
    Eric Mandus
    Brett Hanus
    Matt McKee
    Ken Murano
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I'd love to see some details on this.
    #RESIST

Some FB discussion referred to their moving target system for outdoor matches. I should check them out.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Well, Joyce said that if you didn't like it you could leave.........

Words have consequences.

This pleases me. A friend who used to live down there had nothing but good things to say about that group. I would bet they will only improve from here.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'd love to see some details on this.
    This is all I know about. But I am friends with a couple of people down there.. will try to find out the background.
    GADPA makes use of a lot of electronics to trigger movers, uses servos and other very sophisticated props. I was going to the Ga State Match this year, but instead went to Liberty match...well...guess I missed that opportunity.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Reading the PASS Thread, I think I can see why they didn't affiliate with that group. There are already complaints that it is insufficiently different from IDPA.

Be interesting to see just how elaborate targets could bring about a schism. Ol Dave in Montgomery is proud of his machinery and keeps adding gimmicks, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Be interesting to see just how elaborate targets could bring about a schism.
    Assuming that's the reason why.....

It couldn't possibly be membership dissatisfaction with many aspects of the new rule book, the process that was used to put it in place, and the comments made by HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Assuming that's the reason why.....

It couldn't possibly be membership dissatisfaction with many aspects of the new rule book, the process that was used to put it in place, and the comments made by HQ.
    No that wouldn't have anything to do with it.......
    Energy goes where attention flows.

I've considered taking my club to USPSA and departing IDPA, myself.

User Tag List