Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: JM AIWB, "the George"

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Pretty body specific, but for my 6-1, 167 pound frame, the George conceals a pistol, with or without optic, better than designs with a wing.
    George, could you articulate why this is the case? Being 6’00” 150lbs I’m intrigued how this conceals better than the wing claw 2.5 I’m currently using.

Quote Originally Posted by 172driver View Post
    George, could you articulate why this is the case? Being 6’00” 150lbs I’m intrigued how this conceals better than the wing claw 2.5 I’m currently using.
    As you know, AIWB is very individual, so what works for me may or may not work for you. With the JM and multiple other maker wing designs, they make the left side of the holster print conspicuously on my body.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    @GJM @Tony Mayer

I'm not seeing seeing anything about a comfort pad on the website.

Can I get a little more detail about it?
    What specifically do you want to know about it?

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As you know, AIWB is very individual, so what works for me may or may not work for you. With the JM and multiple other maker wing designs, they make the left side of the holster print conspicuously on my body.
    Wings don't work for me either. My build is similar to yours.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    What specifically do you want to know about it?

Thanks
    If I don't like it, does it peel off? Or if it starts to stink/wear out can I replace it?

How do I get this option added when ordering? Is it available for all holsters, or just the George?

Can I still use a wedge? I assume the velcro patch will stick?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

If I don't like it, does it peel off? Or if it starts to stink/wear out can I replace it?

How do I get this option added when ordering? Is it available for all holsters, or just the George?

The foam wedge attaches with hook and loop (heavy duty Velcro). The soft side is on the holster and the scratchy side is on the wedge, so you could comfortably wear it without the wedge attached.

I've had no problem with stink. They do compress a bit, so in that sense they do "wear out." You might have to swap the wedge out every couple years or more.

On the JMCK "George" page, the optional wedge is called a Angular Muzzle Pad.

I'm 6'9"/270 (Tall/lanky-ish) with slight dad belly. I have one "George" for a PX4c/RDS and wing claws for several other guns. I have a slight preference for the wing claw and prefer wider separation between loops than I have on my George example.
    David S.

@David S.

Thanks for the info on the wedge.

Would you happen to know about the "comfort pad" that GJM mentioned in OP?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

@David S.

Thanks for the info on the wedge.

Would you happen to know about the "comfort pad" that GJM mentioned in OP?
    That would be the thin foam pad liner that covers the body contact area of the holster. I seem to recall having it on one of my holsters several years ago. In MY experience, it didn't improve comfort and didn't hold up well. It was glued on, not velcro'd on.

It MAY be available through special request in the Comments. Not sure.

I've owned several JMCK holsters over the years. The only holster that had the Comfort Pad, I bought used. I didn't find any value in it, so I wouldn't do it again. YMMV, and all that.
    David S.

Some of my issues with wing designs are that they are so wide that I don't have much room on my waistline. This makes it tough to adjust the holster position to my liking. Also the material under the dust cover where the wing attaches rubs against my leg and the wing rubs my hip bone causing discomfort. I also noticed that the wing torques the holster too much and makes the rear of the slide print for me. I'm 6'0" and 175lb.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Yes it peels off. You can wash it with soap and water. It's a check box for the Flat Muzzle Pad and a drop down for the 2 Angled muzzle pads.

Not sure what you mean by "Can I still use a wedge?" If you mean a Angular Muzzle pad, yes, they are removable and you can use one or the other but they are not used together.

Yes, the Velcro patch will stick, it has industrial grade adhesive and sticks very well.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List