Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JM AIWB, "the George"

JM AIWB, "the George"

I have made reference to this holster elsewhere, but thought it deserved a separate thread.

Over the past few years, Tony at JM and I have been back and forth on an evolving design for an appendix holster that works for a range of pistols, from large to small, for folks with a lean body style. Tony got tired of reciting the specs, and decided the holster needed a name. I suggested Tony call it "the Bolke," but he is the boss there, and named it "the George."

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/GEORGE.html

So what is the George? It is a kydex AIWB holster made of .93 kydex, with two sets of holes in the body of the holster to allow fine tuning the ride height (lower conceals better, higher presents faster). It uses a minimal wedge that allows a quick, full firing grip while still tucking the butt of the pistol. The sweat guard/body shield comes in low, medium and high heights. Extra tuck is recommended by Tony for longer barrel pistols, but I prefer not to have it, as I find it more comfortable without the extra tuck, as the extra tuck rubs the top of my pelvis. I have been using a split belt loop of slightly taller height, although I am now experimenting with Tony's soft loops. The soft loops show promise, as they allow a slightly trimmer holster, and I have found the kydex loops to sometimes print more than the rest of the holster. I also like the comfort pad option that Tony recently introduced. I have used this design, with complete satisfaction, for pistols as small as the 3913 and P2000SK up through the Beretta 92G-SD.

To summarize, my current version of the George is green, 1.5 soft loops, medium sweat guard, .93 kydex with two sets of holes, the comfort liner but no tuck -- although Tony will build it how ever you like! Here is a recent care package from Tony, with the latest versions of the George for a P2000, Glock 19, Beretta 92G-SD, S&W 3913, S&W 1066 and, for good measure, an OWB for a Beretta Centurion.

After complaining to Tony about not having a good pocket holster for the Glock 42, Tony recently built up this design for me, that I am thrilled with. I believe he is just putting it up on his website. While it looks big, it carries the 42 perfectly, and allows for a fumble free draw like you might expect with a J frame.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Nice looking holsters there!

Thank God Tony makes custom versions.

I have another holster on order. A fold over with pull the dot lops, low ride , full sweat guard and with a straight drop and to fit a Gen 2 APL

BTW
    I prefer low ride especially with compact pistols with barrel under 4inches . Same with the CANT with compact pistols under 4inches I prefer using a straight drop.
    Then again I don't carry AIWB just 3:00 or a little after.

What's the point of the foam on the pocket holster?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    Help break up the outline?

Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    sboers, up1911Fan is correct, it helps breakup the outline and helps keep it in the pocket a little as well. Thanks

Tony, do you still think a 17 length will work better for carrying a 19? After seeing this I think the George setup will work better for me just not sure on length.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Tony, do you still think a 17 length will work better for carrying a 19? After seeing this I think the George setup will work better for me just not sure on length.
    I would say yes. I'm carrying a G17 chopped for 19 mags in one, but still used a G17 holster when carrying my 19. Feel's more stable and comfortable. I also just recieved a CZ P-09 length AIWB from tony which I will be using with a P-07.

The George will be my next order from Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    GreggW, yes , I think the extra length is better. More stable , and usually gets past the pelvis. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks

I always use a G17 holster for G19's.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List