Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 S&W and Glocks

180gr didn't fix our problem completely.

[QUOTE=LSP552;264835]

Something interesting is LSP transitioned from SIGP220s/228s to RTF G22/17s a few years ago. The SWAT G35s were worn out and have essentially been replaced by the general issue RTF 22s. As last I heard, the RTF 22s were running fine with TLRs. I guess it's like a box of chocolates; you never know what you are going to get.
    [Quote]

And don't forget EBRSO's G22s, along with the other G22s piggy-backed off our contract by LSUPD and others. Those guns all have WMLs on them, and get shot enough to know if they had an issue.

For sure, a bizarre situation. Too many verified reports to discount,yet plenty of folks without the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    If I were personally going to hang a light on a .40 cal Glock, it would be a G35. They just doesn't seem to have the same problem. Maybe the heavier slide is enough to make the difference?
    Doesn't a G35 slide weigh the same as a G22 slide because the cutout on the top?

Not an argument brother, honest question for my educational purposes. I don't have the two slides to weigh them or I would.
    Energy goes where attention flows.

[QUOTE=LSP972;264877][QUOTE=LSP552;264835]

Something interesting is LSP transitioned from SIGP220s/228s to RTF G22/17s a few years ago. The SWAT G35s were worn out and have essentially been replaced by the general issue RTF 22s. As last I heard, the RTF 22s were running fine with TLRs. I guess it's like a box of chocolates; you never know what you are going to get.

And don't forget EBRSO's G22s, along with the other G22s piggy-backed off our contract by LSUPD and others. Those guns all have WMLs on them, and get shot enough to know if they had an issue.

For sure, a bizarre situation. Too many verified reports to discount,yet plenty of folks without the problem.

LPSO and Walker use the G35 with lights with no issues as well. When LPSO SRT Gen 3 G35's became well used after about 10 years they were replaced with Gen 4 G35's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Medic View Post
    Doesn't a G35 slide weigh the same as a G22 slide because the cutout on the top?

Not an argument brother, honest question for my educational purposes. I don't have the two slides to weigh them or I would.
    The G35 slide weights approximately 1 oz. more than a G22 slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I tried every single light on the market, including Glock's suggested Glock light, all of them caused out guns to choke a LOT. The light hanging off of the dust cover does two things, it takes flex out of the dust cover and adds weight to the frame, both of which add slide velocity to a system that was on the ragged edge of reliability to begin with.
    I mentioned this recently somewhere else, but a contact at Quantico informed me that they recently tested a bunch of weapon lights and the only one that didn't cause any malfunctions was the new Inforce APL with the screw on mounting system.

I'm no engineer but it's probably a lot lighter being all plastic and using only one battery.

I've also heard that their downloading of their 40 duty ammo some years ago was more to mitigate the weapon light issues than helping weak shooters qualify.

The various FBI .40 loads that I have seen have all been downloaded. Back when we were having issues and I kept getting hit with "but the FBI isn't having any problems" and had to explain to one person after another that they had proprietary (and that time) secret NDA from Speer download 165gr Gold Dot running 950fps instead of 1185fps. That lighter loading made a huge difference.

Let me ask this question generally. Is anyone aware of similar problems with WML's with G-17's? I haven't heard any word of that (and of course there were plenty of early Gen 4 G-17 problems of other sorts) but has anyone experienced WML-related failures with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Let me ask this question generally. Is anyone aware of similar problems with WML's with G-17's? I haven't heard any word of that (and of course there were plenty of early Gen 4 G-17 problems of other sorts) but has anyone experienced WML-related failures with them?
    Nope, and I tested the crap out of every available combination.

Which is one of many reasons why 9 mm Glocks are the best way to go...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List