Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I ditched AIWB

I think Caleb got autocorrected.

I find that AIWB works just fine with 4" or shorter guns. 5'10", 169#. However, untucked is a weekend only thing for me, so I don't use it most days. My epiphany was in moving the gun to a very literal appendix position -- the trigger is over the scar where my appendix was removed.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Not saying that I think George is dressed like a slob, but I deleted that section because I didn't want people to get hung up on defining different types of attire. Suffice to say, AIWB works just fine for me when I wear t-shirts that don't fit as well as I prefer to my shirts to fit.
    Caleb, unless I am mistaken, you are married now?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Caleb, unless I am mistaken, you are married now?
    Yeah, I didn't get enough XP the first time around, so I thought I'd try the Marriage Quest again with a new partner this time.

Site Supporter
    I am neither that skinny nor would I wear a t-shirt that baggy.
    How do you conceal at all under a t-shirt that wouldn't conceal at appendix? I can't really visualize how it would work at 4:00 but not at 1:00.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I must have it easy, I can carry a P30 and believe it or not, a P226 AIWB without issue. It just works for me. The only issue is obviously tying my shoes. But I try to have my shoes on before strapping up.
    Clearly Caleb is not short enough to make it work.
    Taking a break from social media.

I find that AIWB works great for me unless I have to sit. Maybe you can see how that would present a problem...

I've tried the Shaggy, Dark Star's stuff and the only AIWB I can *sorta* get to work is Garrity's In-Victus for a full size 1911. I'm ok with that one, but it get's fairly uncomfortable after awhile. I'm 6'3" and about 215 lbs with an athletic build. I just don't find it comfortable.

There are LOTS of different holsters out there because one type of carry doesn't work for everyone and one method may not work well for one guy in every situation. We're all built differently and have different needs. I find I'm most comfy with a 3:30 and a 10 degree cant IWB or OWB. If I'm going to be driving or sitting a lot I prefer a shoulder holster.

I've been around long enough to realize AIWB is the flavor of the month right now as it has been for the last couple years. It will change to something else at some point. AIWB will be left to those that like it and everyone will flock to the new fad. If it works for you cool. Don't feel weird if it doesn't.

Yeah, I didn't get enough XP the first time around, so I thought I'd try the Marriage Quest again with a new partner this time.
    3rd time is a charm.

The next AIWB holster I order from JM will be without the extra tuck. That kinda digs into my 5'11" 225# spare tire frame but other wise no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    How do you conceal at all under a t-shirt that wouldn't conceal at appendix? I can't really visualize how it would work at 4:00 but not at 1:00.
    I didn't say that I do that.

However, it's easier to find good clothes that fit correctly that conceal at 4 o'clock for me, in a large part because of my body shape. I'm short and thick.

I'm finding that as my belt line gets a little bigger my AIWB is moving further around the clock. I'm carrying at 2:00 now. I also can't bend as well with AIWB. I do things like putting my shoes and socks on prior to gearing up. Although it has a couple issues I can still carry a G22 easier AIWB than I can IWB or OWB with more concealment, less printing etc.

I'm short and thick.
    That's what she said!

User Tag List