Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I ditched AIWB

6', 195lbs, age 57. P30, P30L, HK45 or GL17 AIWB. With this I can straight leg bend forward and touch my toes.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I must have it easy, I can carry a P30 and believe it or not, a P226 AIWB without issue. It just works for me. The only issue is obviously tying my shoes. But I try to have my shoes on before strapping up.
    Tying my shoes and cars were the big problems for me. I couldn't get it to work for the long drives I frequently take for work.

I appreciate that AIWB is very body specific. Here is a link to Tony's website, of me carrying a Beretta 92 with the M CT laser grips in the JM "the George." These are from Tony's website.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

As i type this a friend is having the same predicament with his USP, he has transitioned back to 4 o clock.

Geez George, eat a sandwich or something.....

I works better when I am not at maximum density. I simply prefer about 2:00-2:30 and OWB at 3:00, so it works. Body type, torso length, and other factors will be different for everyone. Use what works for YOU. I tolerate being uncomfortable as punishment for being fat. Others don't want daily punishment and I can't blame them.

The beauty of snub revolvers is that almost anyone can get away with them ahead of the hips for carry.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I appreciate that AIWB is very body specific. Here is a link to Tony's website, of me carrying a Beretta 92 with the M CT laser grips in the JM "the George." These are from Tony's website.

I am neither that skinny nor would I wear a t-shirt that baggy.

Site Supporter
    I think we have different definitions of baggy.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Much agree. Compression shirts are not daily attire for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    That is entirely likely.

I had a whole paragraph I deleted out of the original post that went to the gist of "AIWB works when I dress like a slob."

Not saying that I think George is dressed like a slob, but I deleted that section because I didn't want people to get hung up on defining different types of attire. Suffice to say, AIWB works just fine for me when I wear t-shirts that don't fit as well as I prefer to my shirts to fit.

I carried at 4:00 for several years, then started experimenting. I found that with a good IWB rig, I'm most comfortable and most concealable at 2:00-2:30. Appendix never appealed to me, both because I'm not willing to muzzle myself and because of my abdominal personal floatation device.

User Tag List