Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Why I ditched AIWB

Mine but most of the other known good AIWB's should also work.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I've gone the same route. I did everything I could to make my G19 work as far as concealed carry goes. I failed. No matter where I carry it, no matter which holster I use it always prints. I put my G19 in a Shaggy on, it prints.
    You should go with the "Bridesmaids" (the movie) recommendation: Cut a hole inside the back pocket of your jeans and duct tape the gun to your ass cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Mine but most of the other known good AIWB's should also work.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    I can't tell if there's supposed to be a picture but I'm not seeing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    He is Dark Star Gear http://darkstargear.com/kydex-gear/aiwb/

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I really should try one of your AIWB holsters sometime.
    You should
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I'm giving up my Milt Sparks IWB holsters and going back to the future by going to AIWB, again. I was carrying that way a rather long time ago, back then the gun being a Speed Six or a Cobra though.

One of the consequences of losing my gut and working out again is that my ass is coming back. Too much booty pushes up on a IWB holster at the muzzle, several people noted I was having a problem with the gun going extra canted when I was walking around at Tac.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Yup. Sorry, I got the username mixed up. I thought you were a guy I'd been talking with about some AIWB issues.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I've been carrying a Glock 19 at 3:30 in a Phlster Access. Don't care for the holster but it is infinitely more comfortable for me than AIWB at this point. This experiment has encouraged me to start looking for a holster though.

Are there any suggestions for a thin, potentially comfortable and concealable holster for a Glock 19 worn at about 3:30? I'm 6' 185, fairly thin build. Don't really care at this point if it is Kydex or leather. I'm just guessing but based on how the single loop carries 15 to 20 degrees of can't should be about right.

We need a strong side holster thread that rivals the AIWB picture thread.
    The best leather G19 IWB I’ve used is a Kramer IWB#3 In Horsehide. It’s every bit as good now as it was when I bought it, 23 years ago. It was my regular CCW rig for a LONG time. The only IWB I like better is the Ky-Tac Braveheart. It is an excellent design and well executed. Problem is it’s a one man shop and his CS is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    The best leather G19 IWB I’ve used is a Kramer IWB#3 In Horsehide. It’s every bit as good now as it was when I bought it, 23 years ago. It was my regular CCW rig for a LONG time. The only IWB I like better is the Ky-Tac Braveheart. It is an excellent design and well executed. Problem is it’s a one man shop and his CS is horrible.
    Well, he only had to wait seven plus years for that reply...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Since it’s alive again…

I’ve really tried to adapt to AIWB with proper holsters and everything, but it just doesn’t work for me. I’m having the same problem with IWB, though - I have a surgical scar that goes hipbone to hipbone, and it makes stuffing things inside my jeans uncomfortable unless I wear them rapper-grade baggy. At least IWB works better for me with looser slacks.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List