Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I ditched AIWB

Site Supporter
    It's not new, but as KevH said, it's certainly the flavor of the month. Fads can come and go .... and come again.

Why I ditched AIWB

There are so many factors when it comes to AIWB carry and comfort. Here are a few I've seen come into play.
    Ride hight
    Cant
    Belt hight ( waist hight)
    Holster length ( longer is better sometimes and sometimes not)
    Position on belt ( O'clock)
    Pant fit ( this can be a huge factor)
    Belt tension ( a small change can really affect concealment)
    Amount of space from center line to the leg fold ( crease)
    Body comp
    Body size
    Shirt fit
    How your hips and abbs sit on your body.

I'm sure there are more factors but this is why I'm such a fan of end user adjustments on the Keeper or any holster that has those options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Prdator; 10-29-2014 at 09:52 AM.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Site Supporter
    A followup to the corrections officer who shot himself. The local news said he was moving the gun from one hand to another when it went off. I thought it might be a holster involvement having seen that (and having someone almost put a 45 ACP in my foot like that) but I don't know. More details might come out. We had an officer shoot themselves dead with an old Glock box mishap a few years ago.

I think another factor that I'd not considered originally is I like to wear my pants a bit lower; not sagging or anything, but a good inch or so below the point of my hip bone.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I think another factor that I'd not considered originally is I like to wear my pants a bit lower; not sagging or anything, but a good inch or so below the point of my hip bone.
    Caleb,

I was the same way and had to get pants with a higher waist to make AIWB work for me. I found that I much perfer the new pants and the GF likes them to....

Its hard to belive how rasing the waist line changed comfort for me on AIWB it went from a NO GO to well I cant see Ever going back to strong side.. ever...
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I'm with you on this, but I find that lower riding pants makes carrying more difficult, period. Higher-riding pants make it far easier and more comfortable to conceal a pistol, whether IWB or OWB. So, I end up with a hybrid system - when wearing fitted work clothes and date night clothes end up with smaller, thinner pistols that work regardless of where the pants are worn with, sometimes, a larger pistol in off body carry, but on the weekends the higher ride on the cargo shorts and dad jeans my wife hates so much allow for carry of darn near anything.

Everything's a compromise.

But when I wear high riders, I look like a 90 year old man.

Everybody does, except maybe for Michael Phelps.

Low rise, hip hugging, metrosexual pants do not fair well for carrying a defensive firearm; traditional standard rise pants work much better.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I hate wearing clothes that fit.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List