Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what's the deal with 3rd gen G22s?

I was fortunate to have very good experience with my GEN3 G22. Sample of one, but mine ran with/without a light and was extremely accurate. No issues over several thousand rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    In a few words, the issue with the G22 is excessive slide velocity.

Without lights being mounted the gen 3 G22s can normally be made to run, and often even with a light mounted. Since the winter of 2005/2006 time frame when the dust cover was redesigned things got a lot trickier and I find running those newer guns with a light is a complete crap shoot.
    Chuck: This is my take also. I have a Gen 4 22 that ran well with range ammo but performed poorly with carry ammo--especially 155 grain--and a WML. I also had a 23 that ran poorly with any hot ammo, but again did well with weak range ammo. I saw others of each model with the same problems--which to me indicated that slide velocity was a problem even with the stronger Gen 4 recoil springs.

By contrast the problems with Gen 4 9mm's (which I think have been largely solved now) seemed to be just the reverse--they tended to run well with quality ammo and jam on weaker range ammo.

I like Glocks a lot, but my experiences convinced me that whatever the relative merits of the calibers, 9mm is the way to go with Glocks.

Needed its own thread so here you go:

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...p-W-and-Glocks

User Tag List