Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic Radio's 20k rd KAC SR15 Mod2 test

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    For some reason the thought of shooting 10-20K of 7.62 Nato through a Folding stock FAL strikes me as terrible.
    I think it's a great idea - as long as someone else does it....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Hard to say. :: shrug:: I think it would perform as well as any other extremely reliable AR put into the same environment.

Environmental issues are somewhat overblown in the commercial AR market, in my admittedly, non-expert opinion. Especially considering the environments most consumers take their rifles out in...
    I agree 100% about the commercial AR market. I was just wondering how this might hold up in Iraq or parts of Syria or some other arid, desert environment. Definitely not a practical concern for me, but I'm just curious about things.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    I agree 100% about the commercial AR market. I was just wondering how this might hold up in Iraq or parts of Syria or some other arid, desert environment. Definitely not a practical concern for me, but I'm just curious about things.
    As well as/better than any other AR would. I have no accurate way to test that.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Your guess is good enough for me. Thanks!

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Environmental issues are somewhat overblown in the commercial AR market, in my admittedly, non-expert opinion. Especially considering the environments most consumers take their rifles out in...
    ^That right there.

(A couple days here and there of getting dragged around the dusty high plains of Oregon and Colorado never seem to affect mine, even though there's usually enough airborne grit to leave my Pelican farting orange dust in the basement for months after. That's about as "hostile environment" as my cake-eating civilian guns are likely to see.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

A well built AR, that is lubed correctly, and running good mags and ammo will perform as well as an AK in desert environments. Not sure you would ever find someone in a combat role that doesn't clean their weapon if they get a chance though... Lol

Pat was here last weekend, too soon for a Memorial Rifle.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415422684.054205.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  55.4 KB
    9,500 rounds. Still hasn't been cleaned. Had a failure to extract that I'm almost certain was ammo related, but, it's documented.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415422684.054205.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  55.4 KB
    9,500 rounds. Still hasn't been cleaned. Had a failure to extract that I'm almost certain was ammo related, but, it's documented.
    That's just delicious. I have greatly enjoyed watching the epic butt-hurt these photos have wrought throughout the Intarwebs.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416864031.606540.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  60.9 KB

J.M. Johnston

User Tag List