Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New "RDS" optic about to hit the market

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I assume that this was suppose to be about the Leupold LCO: http://www.leupold.com/tactical/scopes/lco/
    And only $1250! What a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Could be because, with those tiny 2MOA "dots", in anything other than near-absolute darkness you gotta crank it up to 7+ to see the damn thing, and it blooms as a result.

I intensely dislike anything smaller than a 4MOA dot due to this. IMO, if you need the "precision" of the small dot, you need a telescope, not an RDS. I have 2MOA H-1s on mine and the wife's carbines; they work, but if I ever run across somebody local with a 4MOA example who wants to trade, and his/hers is in the same excellent shape as mine... done deal. No long-distance trades, because I want to be able to yank the 2MOA off of mine, install the 4MOA and go zero the sucker right then.

Holy crap.....somebody who gets it? If I had a nickel for every time I have to listen to drone on about needing a 1MoA dot because the usually shoot 1/2 minute groups and the Aimpoint "holds them back".

Let me check and see if I have a 4MOA micro around here somewhere.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Holy crap.....somebody who gets it? If I had a nickel for every time I have to listen to drone on about needing a 1MoA dot because the usually shoot 1/2 minute groups and the Aimpoint "holds them back".
    Almost as bad as the "X MoA dot completely obscures the target" argument, which completely ignores the fact that dot size is pretty much irrelevant to "obscuring the target" at any distance except for the zero intersections or very close to them. I've never found it particularly more difficult to hold a 4 MoA dot over a target than a 2 MoA dot. Not that I particularly mind very much since it drives down the price on the 4 MoA Aimpoints.

User Tag List