Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sig P226 DAO or DAK

So does anyone have the actual parts list to convert a DAO to DAK???

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    While I'm not trying to defend the DAK, I will say that we saw a very consistent pattern when it came to DAK adopters:
    • Agencies that brought us in to teach a transition program (which I wrote, so I'm biased ) to instructors before guns were issued saw qual scores increase, often significantly.
    • Agencies that said they didn't need us to teach them anything about guns and shooting -- including the agency in question here -- saw qual scores decrease.
    I wish the agency would have sprung for the transition training. I imagine the average working agent's perception would not have been quite as frosty. Our transition consisted of getting issued the new pistol and shooting the qualification course. If you didn't qualify then you went to "remedial training"... which consisted of of the employee shooting the qual course until they passed.

Quote Originally Posted by frankepc View Post
    So does anyone have the actual parts list to convert a DAO to DAK???
    I've seen the parts at Top Gun Supply before. IIRC the conversion parts will cost you over $200. You can send the pistol back to the Sig "custom shop" and have them do it for a little less. The fact that the DAK conversion is not up on their website should be an indicator of its popularity. From what I have observed, people generally either love or hate the DAK system. If you sign up for the mailing list, the Sig "custom shop" has sales from time to time that are pretty good. Do a search at Sigforum and you can see who to buy the parts from and what it costs to have Sig do it.

Disregard I just came back from the range. Although the 226 DAO points naturally and feels really good in the hand the length of pull is horrendous. the trigger seems very manageable until you try adding speed. Also if your use to shooting a gun with a short action and positive reset you'll probably end up short stroking using this configuration. Both guns I tried also failed to lock back after the magazine went empty. I guess I'm sticking to my glock 21until something else gets put on the approved list. Also the mechanical accuracy on the glock 21 seems to be a little better than the sig 226.

It is sounding like the agency in question here is going to allow personally owned Gen 4 Glock 40s, in addition to the issue Sig DAK...not sure when this is going to be finalized or announced. I would like to know what problems Oakland PD had with their Gen 4s before plopping down money on one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaswick View Post
    It is sounding like the agency in question here is going to allow personally owned Gen 4 Glock 40s, in addition to the issue Sig DAK...not sure when this is going to be finalized or announced.
    Can you say (or P.M.) the source? How credible do you think this is? My source/pals at HQ have not heard a whiff of this...

If true, I am VERY excited about the possibilities.

Todd or anyone who has some experience with the sig internals. Sorry to bring this topic back up but I just got a deal on a sig that was too good to pass up. Not to mention a huge discount I got on the DAK parts for the P226. Anyways to get back on track If I installed a 19 lb main spring and a SIG or TJ custom short trigger (not SRT trigger) could this bring the length (or feel) as well as the weight to a more reasonable configuration. I'm trying to keep the gun within my department standards, some form of DAO (for duty use), as well as build something I can play around with in local matches.

User Tag List