Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Speer Gold Dot G2 147 grain PT 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Mnaylo3 View Post
    Yes, its labeled "Not For LE Duty Use Practice Ammunition Only." I guess that should have been a pretty obvious clue. This was at Accurate Firearms on Floriada Blvd.
    Did you sell a 350 round box of this ammunition on Bayou Shooter recently? I responded in that thread as well.
    The owner of that store works for BRPD and the store is a Sub Blue Label Glock Dealer.
    Last edited by JBP55; 01-23-2016 at 11:15 AM.

PM inbound, James.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    PM inbound, James.

Received and Replied.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Did you sell a 350 round box of this ammunition on Bayou Shooter recently? I responded in that thread as well.
    The owner of that store works for BRPD and the store is a Sub Blue Label Glock Dealer.
    No, this is the first box I've bought of the stuff. I go by the same handle over there too. Thanks for your help, it's going to the training pile and I'm going back for some regular 147 gr Gold Dots. I'll look at it as a cheaper way to vet new pistols with my preferred carry load.

Kinda related to this thread...

Someone at my agency (who is a firearms instructor and who shall remain nameless that comes here frequently to look around) got it in some folks head that we need to switch from the M&P 45 to a Glock 17/19. Not that I disagree with him but I like giving him a hard time. Part of that process I was to set-up kinda went to shit for me when I broke my ankle and I handed off to nameless. Anyway, my part was to arrange for a "ballistics test" from the local LE supplier. After breaking my ankle it was rescheduled by nameless to when I was in the Bahamas. Just my luck...lol.

The tests went as expected...nothing new to add to any data points. The G2 ammo was also shot and did well. See the attached pic. They also used denim but those projectiles were not included in this presentation to the PD.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  57.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Kinda related to this thread...

Someone at my agency (who is a firearms instructor and who shall remain nameless that comes here frequently to look around) got it in some folks head that we need to switch from the M&P 45 to a Glock 17/19. Not that I disagree with him but I like giving him a hard time. Part of that process I was to set-up kinda went to shit for me when I broke my ankle and I handed off to nameless. Anyway, my part was to arrange for a "ballistics test" from the local LE supplier. After breaking my ankle it was rescheduled by nameless to when I was in the Bahamas. Just my luck...lol.

The tests went as expected...nothing new to add to any data points. The G2 ammo was also shot and did well. See the attached pic. They also used denim but those projectiles were not included in this presentation to the PD.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  57.7 KB
    Since penetration is the key element, it is interesting that the standard 124gr+P GD did better than the 147gr loadings. My though is, if the M&P 45s are working well for your PD, then why change platforms?

Am I the only one surprised by the lack of glass penetration with the 9mm Gold Dots? Not what I remember, and not what the published data is. I would have expected 12 - 14 inches, not 8 - 9 inches.

http://le.atk.com/wound_ballistics/l...omparison.aspx

I'm intrigued by the fact that the 124 grain +P gained weight in gelatin.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    So did the 230gr...

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    This demo was not done by ATK even though it was offered. The ATK event would have been an all day (8 hr) event and having the entire admin out for this was not an option...please read between the lines and on that. Looking at the projectiles today I do not see any gelatin but that doesn't mean it's not there. That display was put together by the sales representative that we buy our ammo from.
    Last edited by KeeFus; 02-09-2016 at 11:06 AM.

User Tag List