Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Speer Gold Dot G2 147 grain PT 9mm

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I still fail to understand why people are so dertermined to get their hands on this stuff right N-O-W. We have plenty of loads that work quite well with excellent track records. Why do you feel the need to immediately jump on this new bandwagon? The rounds already had one glitch. I just don't see the logic in off handedly throwing out what is known to work in favor of something that's as yet untested. Don't be so quick to taste the flavor of the week, let the feebs be the beta testers and shoot some folks with it first.
    With modern bullet technology...

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I still fail to understand why people are so dertermined to get their hands on this stuff right N-O-W. We have plenty of loads that work quite well with excellent track records. Why do you feel the need to immediately jump on this new bandwagon? The rounds already had one glitch. I just don't see the logic in off handedly throwing out what is known to work in favor of something that's as yet untested. Don't be so quick to taste the flavor of the week, let the feebs be the beta testers and shoot some folks with it first.
    At $20 per 100 rounds it makes excellent range ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    At $20 per 100 rounds it makes excellent range ammunition.
    Yes it is! I just paid $112 for 400 rounds of target hollow point ammo. I'd LOVE to get some cheap ammo that closely represents what I carry to practice with!

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    A local PD distributor. $199 for 1050 rds packaged in 350 round boxes (loose).
    Do they have any left? Do they do internet sales or can you provide a phone number? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    A local PD distributor. $199 for 1050 rds packaged in 350 round boxes (loose).
    Can you tell us where to purchase this repackaged ammunition or is it Secret Squirrel Information?

Went to a local PD supply for a couple boxes of 147gr Gold Dots, and got talked into buying some of these G2's in the 350 round bulk white box packaging. Didn't know anything about them, but assumed they'd be GTG as "slightly improved" versions. Found this thread when I got home...
    I've gathered the original release in black boxes are best suited to training ammo. Any updates/concensus on whether these in the bulk white boxes are issue free?

Quote Originally Posted by Mnaylo3 View Post
    Went to a local PD supply for a couple boxes of 147gr Gold Dots, and got talked into buying some of these G2's in the 350 round bulk white box packaging. Didn't know anything about them, but assumed they'd be GTG as "slightly improved" versions. Found this thread when I got home...
    I've gathered the original release in black boxes are best suited to training ammo. Any updates/concensus on whether these in the bulk white boxes are issue free?
    I think you purchased the recalled Black Boxes placed in a bulk pack and they should be labeled "Not for Law Enforcement Use".
    I called Baton Rouge Police Supply and was told they have not received any of the G2 ammunition in any form, only the standard Gold Dot's.
    Last edited by JBP55; 01-22-2016 at 05:21 PM.

Picked up a few boxes at the LE supply store this week. Head stamp has (15) and lot number is M14W27.

Attachment 5598

I had 40 boxes and still have at least a dozen boxes that I am slowly using for range fodder. Mine is in the black box, stamped 14 and M10V21.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I think you purchased the recalled Black Boxes placed in a bulk pack and they should be labeled "Not for Law Enforcement Use".
    I called Baton Rouge Police Supply and was told they have not received any of the G2 ammunition in any form, only the standard Gold Dot's.
    Yes, its labeled "Not For LE Duty Use Practice Ammunition Only." I guess that should have been a pretty obvious clue. This was at Accurate Firearms on Floriada Blvd.

User Tag List