Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Speer Gold Dot G2 147 grain PT 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by givo08 View Post
    I posted this group in a thread on the Marksmanship forum, but it may be relevant here as well. This is a 5 shot group I fired at 25 yards tonight with this 147gr GD2 ammo standing/unsupported with my stock gen4 Glock 19. POI/POA was right on (held center of upper A zone). POI did not differ at all from 147gr Winchester Ranger Bonded or 147gr Gold Dot.

Good shooting. Which sights were you using?

Quote Originally Posted by givo08 View Post
    I posted this group in a thread on the Marksmanship forum, but it may be relevant here as well. This is a 5 shot group I fired at 25 yards tonight with this 147gr GD2 ammo standing/unsupported with my stock gen4 Glock 19. POI/POA was right on (held center of upper A zone). POI did not differ at all from 147gr Winchester Ranger Bonded or 147gr Gold Dot.

I envy your ability to see the upper A zone at 25 meters! Nice shooting, by the way.

Should have some "official" test results sometime next week.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

As with any new product, one is likely to encounter a few teething problems initially. But without stepping into new territory, we'd never make any technological advances.

Will the regular JHP gold dots be replaced with the newer bullet JHP w/PT

No--both will be available.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Good shooting. Which sights were you using?
    That is with standard trijicon 3 dot sights.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    No--both will be available.
    Than you

Do you have any plans on testing the Winchester low recoil standard pressure 38spl 130gr & 9mm 147gr Both bonded

I picked up two 50 round boxes of it yesterday at a Gun Show in Harrisburg PA. At a price of $30 a box, it was being sold at the same price as the 124gr+P rounds. I had already bought a couple boxes of the 124+P from him, but asked if I could trade it back when he showed me the G2. Its a small outfit out of Ohio, I have the receipt at home and can post their contact info... after I pick up a few more boxes at the Gun Show he will be at next weekend.

Speer Gold Dot G2 147 grain PT 9mm

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418839888.834058.jpg
Views: 1520
Size:  36.9 KB
    ATK sent me a different lot of ammunition to test. The 4 on the right are the old batch, 4 on the left are the new. Same testing procedure, so apparently I'm not crazy after all.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

User Tag List