Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Speer Gold Dot G2 147 grain PT 9mm

Curious if there has been any more research or real world data to support the use of this ammo?

If you are likely to engage threats in or around vehicles, then Speer G2, Win Ranger Bonded, and Horn Critical Duty are good options.

If you have less likelihood to of such events, then Speer Gold Dot, Win Ranger Talon, Fed HST, and Barnes all copper loads are probably better choices.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    If you are likely to engage threats in or around vehicles, then Speer G2, Win Ranger Bonded, and Horn Critical Duty are good options.

If you have less likelihood to of such events, then Speer Gold Dot, Win Ranger Talon, Fed HST, and Barnes all copper loads are probably better choices.
    That is very useful information, Doc, particularly with these terrorism-by-vehicle episodes. If they start becoming more commonplace a lot of us will have to ask ourselves what our own likely threat parameters are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    That is very useful information, Doc, particularly with these terrorism-by-vehicle episodes. If they start becoming more commonplace a lot of us will have to ask ourselves what our own likely threat parameters are.
    I guess you can stagger the rounds in your magazine. Just don't try to do it like the genius from my former outfit that tried to alternate one forward, one rearward when advised to stagger the rounds by a FLETC firearms instructor. (I kid you not.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I guess you can stagger the rounds in your magazine. Just don't try to do it like the genius from my former outfit that tried to alternate one forward, one rearward when advised to stagger the rounds by a FLETC firearms instructor. (I kid you not.)
    Whoa . . .. I can feel the stupid from here. Back in the day, we used to say about soldiers like that you "need to retrain them every morning," but I'm guessing that even that didn't work here.

I take it he was quickly promoted up the ladder and was given a job in Washington (in charge of training, no doubt), where he fit right in?

Whoa . . .. I can feel the stupid from here. Back in the day, we used to say about soldiers like that you "need to retrain them every morning," but I'm guessing that even that didn't work here.

I take it he was quickly promoted up the ladder and was given a job in Washington (in charge of training, no doubt), where he fit right in?
    He wasn't a classic "fuck up and move up" guy but he was a "senior" special agent. (He was from an island country in the Caribbean region, so he had that going for him as well.) His status was so legendary that though I was in FL, I got calls from agents in NY and Texas chiding me for not cleaning his clock when I threatened to do so on the tarmac at Homestead AFB.

(The reasons don't matter now but let's just say the behavior which had resulted in my threat was less than what would be considered right or manly in the LE or military world, plus he lied about it. He turned his back on me, got on his scooter and promptly turned me in to the brass.)

Don't know if he ever made supervisor, I eventually lost track of him. But he was also famous, (as I've mentioned here previously), for asking what "PRNDL" meant above the steering column during skid pan training.

Every outfit has one. (Or so I'm told.)
    Last edited by blues; 06-29-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Yeah, every outfit has one, but political correctness has been increasing the numbers. You should have told him that PRNDL were the code letters you used when driving the car.

Yeah, every outfit has one, but political correctness has been increasing the numbers. You should have told him that PRNDL were the code letters you used when driving the car.
    To avoid taking this thread to far afield I'm going to start a thread on the topic of FU and MU in the LE section. I've got a couple of good ones...and I'm sure others might be willing to add some of their own.

For some reason I thought HST (45, 40 and 9mm) was bonded?

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    For some reason I thought HST (45, 40 and 9mm) was bonded?
    HST is not bonded. Federal has the Tactical Bonded line for bonded bullets. The 9mm 135 +p TB is probably as good as it gets in 9mm.

User Tag List