Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WML's- Let's Discuss some options.......

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Medic View Post
    USPSA is new to me and I have not been out yet, part of the reason why I am asking about this here. I saw his video but wonder more if it's that his local club allows him to do as he pleases because he's an instructor and his shooting capabilities........?
    AIWB is definitely legal in Limited per the USPSA rulebook, so it's not just because OAK is a nice guy. WMLs are apparently not legal in Limited, but apparently Bob Vogel has used one that was disabled without a bulb/battery. YMMV.
    Sheep Have Wool

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep Have Wool View Post
    AIWB is definitely legal in Limited per the USPSA rulebook, so it's not just because OAK is a nice guy. WMLs are apparently not legal in Limited, but apparently Bob Vogel has used on that was disabled without a bulb/battery. YMMV.
    TY for that info, this is good to know.
    Energy goes where attention flows.

I believe that a WML on the gun puts you into Open. You wont' be competitive in that division, but then, being competitive generally isn't the main concern for people who want to shoot USPSA with a WML.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Reagrding the TLR-1.

If I were a barrel chested, pipe swinging freedom fighter who was going to be carrying a pistol or long gun with a WML all day long in a kinetic environment, I'd pick something other than a TLR.

I'm a fat bald, middleaged guy with a desk job. The upstairs pistol, upstairs shotgun and downstairs shotgun are all equipped with TLR's. They spend 99% of their time sitting in the safe and they are fine.

I wouldn't go any cheaper though. The Glock light sucks.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    The only real issue I have with the tlr is that I mostly use x300s.

Last low light class I was in, at the end of the second day when I was tired, I tried to push the tlr switch forward like an x300.

So you (well, I) kinda have to go one way or the other. Not both.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Surefire has not given me a reason to go looking for a replacement. I currently run X300U's on my 1911 and G17. I have IWB holsters for both, and can carry/conceal them easily

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Surefire has not given me a reason to go looking for a replacement. I currently run X300U's on my 1911 and G17. I have IWB holsters for both, and can carry/conceal them easily
    AIWB as discussed earlier in the thread?

I can't do AIWB. I've tried several times. My intestines have threatened to strike

I've been carrying a Glock (22 and now 21) with an X300 for several years now. The light is always on the gun. On/off duty... In full kit or concealed... During competition... No issues or complaints. I have a couple X300 Ultras and while nice, I hate that they are longer. In a Raven holster the G19 with an X300U is as long (sticks below my belt) as a G21 with an original X300.

I also don't know that 500 lumens is necessary on a handgun and limited dry practice has me concerned about it being too bright in a dark room with white painted walls. Sadly SF (stupidly IMO) no longer makes the original X300. I'm ordering an APL once the FDE gen 2 models are available.

A reliable source with access to Quantico informed me recently that the new gen 2 (screw on) version of the APL was the only weapon mounted light that didn't cause malfunctions with their Glocks during testing.

I picked up a Crimson Trace 202 model light last year to test it on my own. It's on a G19 but I've put no more than 50 rounds through it so I can't really say one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I've been carrying a Glock (22 and now 21) with an X300 for several years now. The light is always on the gun. On/off duty... In full kit or concealed... During competition... No issues or complaints. I have a couple X300 Ultras and while nice, I hate that they are longer. In a Raven holster the G19 with an X300U is as long (sticks below my belt) as a G21 with an original X300.

I also don't know that 500 lumens is necessary on a handgun and limited dry practice has me concerned about it being too bright in a dark room with white painted walls. Sadly SF (stupidly IMO) no longer makes the original X300. I'm ordering an APL once the FDE gen 2 models are available.

A reliable source with access to Quantico informed me recently that the new gen 2 (screw on) version of the APL was the only weapon mounted light that didn't cause malfunctions with their Glocks during testing.

I picked up a Crimson Trace 202 model light last year to test it on my own. It's on a G19 but I've put no more than 50 rounds through it so I can't really say one way or the other.
    Well you just taught me something since my standard X300 has always been plenty I never looked at the newer offerings. I did not know the U was longer, definitely a no go. Interesting tidbit on the quantize info. I will be keeping an eye out for a Gen2 APL to add to the X300 and for comparison.

Thanks
    FM

User Tag List