Thread: AAR: Pat Rogers HG2- Riverdale, Michigan july 1-2

AAR: Pat Rogers HG2- Riverdale, Michigan july 1-2

Company: EAG Tactical
    Type of course: Handgun 2
    Date of course: July 1-2nd 2011
    Location of course: Riverdale, Michigan

Gear: For this course I ran my EDC setup minus the fact that I was wearing an OWB holster and an extra single mag carrier. I also ran this course from concealment, in the belief that I should train like I carry.

My gear consisted of Raven concealment double and single magazine carrier, a raven concealment phantom LC (x300), Ares gear Ranger belt, a Surefire Lx2, MSA Sordin Pros, Native eyewear glasses, and of course the blaster, A glock 19 done by Doug Halloway which was machined for an 8 moa RMR included BUIS. I didn't have any issues with my gear, the Raven concealment gear really is top notch, I have ran several classes now with the RMR and about 4,000 rounds through the gun, there are so many advantages its just unreal. The only disadvantage do the RMR is the possibility of whiteout, which happened during the night shoot, mostly due to the white background of the targets..but I was ready for this and I quickly transitioned to the BUIS immediately.

What I expected:

I expected to learn skills on fighting with the gun, some shooting on the move and shooting multiple targets, a long with shooting in low/no light and the issues that it brings. I also tried coming into the course with my head screwed on right..after Fisher's comments of saying ill be that guy..I tried my best to keep my **** straight and not **** around.

What actually happened:

There was a great introduction done by Pat, where he gave a talk on safety, some old war stories and his thoughts/ideas on gun fighting and techniques, I was happy that they didn't push one TTP but to try our techniques out and see if it works for you. We did quite a bit of distance shooting which a lot of people had difficulty with, this is where the RMR really comes into play, as long as I was doing my job (trigger control and grip) hits were making it into COM. The move to shooting multiple targets on the move was probably one of the best parts of the class a long with shooting at night.

Best item I learned or reinforced:

I know that I can shoot accurately...I also know that I can shoot fast...the biggest eye opener I had was that I can't really do both all that well yet, on TD1 I wasn't really pushing myself to much until we were doing hammer pairs on multiple targets, where I was doing pretty well..fast splits and fast transitions with COM hits..but on TD2 once we switched to multiple targets hammer pairs on the move..well things got pretty ****ing nasty...I was fumbling reloads, missing shots and pretty much just being a total ****up, its great to make up shots in class..but in real life you can't shoot fast enough to make up for misses.

Advice for the instructor:

The class flow was great, Pat and Mike both did a great job. They kept the class flowing and I think gave enough one on one attention to most shooters, they also were pretty good at catching peoples **** ups.

Summary:

I first want to say thanks to Pat and Mike, you guys really are top notch instructors and I can see myself taking a class with you in the future, I also want to thank Barb, Terry, and Keith. You guys did a great job with the hosting aspects and the food on Friday was Awesome. I also want to thank Larue and BCM for the goody bags.

I was the guy who was taking pics..so once I get around to it (probably during the week) I will go through and edit some and post them in this thread, for now here is one.

Chemist.

some pictures

The man himself Pat

My 19 the day after class

Chemist.

Great AAR! Thanks!

User Tag List