Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Female IWB and OWB holster recommendations for a Walther PPS 9mm?

Also lots of good info and videos here for women that conceal carry.

http://www.faliaphotography.com/p/mo...-guns-etc.html
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I can't help with the female part, but many PPS owners (myself included) are very satisfied with PJ Holster brand gear. The second link down is a review of his gear by a female (albeit for a Shield): http://pjholster.com/customer-reviews.

Best of luck,
    Trav

My wife really likes her Comp-Tac Minataur MTAC, and her Remora IWB holsters.

www.comp-tac.com
    http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Smart Carry, no contest. I bought one for my girlfriend, who has a small waist and big hips. She carries her M&P9c and an extra magazine under pretty much anything she wears, and it rarely gives her an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris17404 View Post
    Hi guys,

I am very proud of my wife. Today we went to the LGS and she rented 4 different types of single stack 9mm handguns for concealed carry. She fell in love with the Walther PPS in 9mm so that's what we came home with. She had a huge smile on her face walking out of the store with her first gun. We're planning on going to the range tomorrow to practice a lot and break it in. She plans to start carrying the PPS concealed in the near future, and we're looking for recommendations for IWB and OWB holsters. What do you recommend for holsters that work well with women and also with a Walther PPS? She'd like a kydex holster and would like to experiment with both IWB and OWB from 2:30ish to 4:00ish. Thanks for the suggestions.

Chris
    Chris, I am the HMFiC at JM Custom Kydex and I have been looking for someone to try some of my ideas on female specific holsters. Shoot me an email at sales@jmcustomkydex.com if your interested and we can talk about it. Thanks

Site Supporter
    Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I appreciate it. And Mr. Mayer... thanks for your offer to work with us. My wife Tracy and I look forward to it.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    JM Custom/JRC/CCC, avoid those CompTac monstrosities. Currently concealing Glock 17 with Surefire X300 mounted IWB quite comfortably in JM Custom IWB.
    Holster selection being what it is, I find the "Comptac monstrosities" to be a great stepping stone holster for folks that don't necessarily know what they need yet. They offer near infinite adjustability both in terms of ride height and cant in a comfortable, durable, tuckable and relatively inexpensive design. They also offer additional shells for other pistols, again, catering really well to folks new to carry that may not have a platform 100% finalized.

t

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Holster selection being what it is, I find the "Comptac monstrosities" to be a great stepping stone holster for folks that don't necessarily know what they need yet. They offer near infinite adjustability both in terms of ride height and cant in a comfortable, durable, tuckable and relatively inexpensive design. They also offer additional shells for other pistols, again, catering really well to folks new to carry that may not have a platform 100% finalized.

t
    I think the CTAC maybe a little better in that respect. It will reliably hold the pistol where the user puts it long enough to determine a carry position. Attachments leave a lot to be desired as their clips are plastic and break often.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I think the CTAC maybe a little better in that respect. It will reliably hold the pistol where the user puts it long enough to determine a carry position. Attachments leave a lot to be desired as their clips are plastic and break often.
    Yeah, that's fair. I've never broken one of their attachments but I openly admit retention isn't ideal with either the MTAC or CTAC models. I still use one (Mtac neutral cant) for my BUG on duty daily but that's with an over belt providing support over the clips.

t

User Tag List