Thread: Made my rifle a little more "mine."

Made my rifle a little more "mine."

I've had my AR for almost a year now. For the most part all I did to it was throw a set of DD iron sights on it, slap a Comp-M4 on top and shoot the bejesus out of it. Eventually I started getting feelings of "gotta-do-something" whenever I took it to the range.

Over the past few months I've been picking up parts whenever I could find them on sale.

Final product is a PSA uppper and lower, Parallax Tactical M-Lok rail, B.E. Meyers 249F that's been pinned onto a 13.7" FN Herstal CHF pencil barrel, BCM Gunfighter charging handle, BCM Gunfighter grip, Magpul RVG, Inforce WMLx weapons light, and an MFT Battlelink stock.

Really digging this little rifle now (even more so than before).

Very nice. I've been thinking about a very similar upgrade to my mostly stock Colt 6920. A couple of questions;

Is the Aimpoint on an absolute or lower 1/3 mount?

How visible is the WMLx while using your irons? Same question when using the Aimpoint.

How do you like that BE Meyers? There are not a lot of reviews out there.

1.) 1/3ish. It's the factory Aimpoint QPR mount. The sights sit a little higher than 1/3, but nowhere near absolute.

2.) It's honestly pretty visible when using the irons, the bezel eclipses about half of the front sight post. The sights are definitely still usable, but you do notice the light. When using the dot it's a non-issue, the light and the front sight just kind of blend together into the same blob at the very bottom of the optic.

3.) I really do, I've only got a few hundred rounds through the rifle since getting the 249F installed (and only a couple of mags after dark), but it definitely kills the flash.....better than an A2 and WAY better than the Rainier XTC that I was using. Also (and this is honestly the main reason that I went this route) it looks pretty freakin neat.

Very nice!

Your only mistake is thinking that's the "Final Product". For example, I just put some 45 degree iron sights on my formerly finished carbine. After all these years, I don't even bother telling my wife that an AR is finished.

How do you like the flashhider? Looks interesting.

And you might consider a sling. Single/duo point is my pref.
    Last edited by Charlie Foxtrot; 10-17-2014 at 09:23 PM.
    http://notonemoregunlaw.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Foxtrot View Post

And you might consider a sling. Single/duo point is my pref.
    Oh, I've got a whole drawer full of slings....almost as big as my drawer full of holsters...lol. I've pretty much settled on a "rigged" BFG Vickers two point sling. The front has the factory Blue Force Gear QD swivel, but the rear attachment is a loop of paracord that I've attached to the webbing, ala the Proctor WOTG sling. Very convenient and quick to get on and off of the rifle.

Photos that are a bit less contrasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Oh, I've got a whole drawer full of slings....almost as big as my drawer full of holsters...lol. I've pretty much settled on a "rigged" BFG Vickers two point sling. The front has the factory Blue Force Gear QD swivel, but the rear attachment is a loop of paracord that I've attached to the webbing, ala the Proctor WOTG sling. Very convenient and quick to get on and off of the rifle.
    Drawer full of slings... same here <sigh>. And I'm attempting to stop filling it. To that end, I've avoided trying a Vickers - and joining the Blue Force Cult, like most seem to do.

Oh -- nice rifle. But what have you done with the RVG? You changing things already on your "finished" rifle?
    http://notonemoregunlaw.blogspot.com/

Looks good, put some wear on it!
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Foxtrot View Post

Oh -- nice rifle. But what have you done with the RVG? You changing things already on your "finished" rifle?
    Well, it just hung down so far past my pinky.....it'd be crazy not to shorten it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski
    Looks good, put some wear on it!
    Yes sir!

I'm definitely more of a handgun guy than a rifle guy, but this little bugger sure it a lot of fun to play around at the range with.

Site Supporter
    Looks good! How do you like the MFT stock?

Despite its bulkiness, I love the Aimpoint Comp M4. One of my AR's wears one and I really love that optic.

User Tag List