Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Wrap-Around Document Briefcase

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Daaaaayyum
    ^^^This, definitely this.

I am a fan of great leather work in bags (daily tote a saddleback bag), and I can instantly envision the thought and work that went into that brief. The result is stunning; I love the red inside, and the stiching, keyholder, strap keepers, pen loops; pretty much everything looks straighter than hell and clean as can be.

It's like a PhD thesis in leather; congrats on pulling it off so well! Definitely hot. Gorgeous.

Thanks everyone. I am pretty happy with the build. The holster will fit in the back gusset pocket. I will make it so that it can fit in either direction, based on the side the case is carried on. There are actually magnets on the lid, to keep it closed, without actually locking the case. This will provide somewhat easier access.

As I watched the case come together, I got more excited as each step was completed. Truthfully, being my first case, it was twice as much time with thought process as hand work...... and there was a LOT of handwork, LOL. The front and back panels are hand stitched on twice. Each panel took well over 10 hours just for the attachment.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Someone has great taste!
    Thanks. I have a couple of other items that Jim made for me and I knew if anybody could do what I wanted to my standards, it was him. Plus, his customer service is second to none. I'm really glad Jim took this project on. I'm incredibly pleased with how the case came out and can't wait see it in person!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Thanks. I have a couple of other items that Jim made for me and I knew if anybody could do what I wanted to my standards, it was him. Plus, his customer service is second to none. I'm really glad Jim took this project on. I'm incredibly pleased with how the case came out and can't wait see it in person!
    So did you order matching belt and band for your fedora?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    LOL I've already got the belt and, go ahead and laugh but I do keep looking at fedoras...What can I say? I'm getting up there in years.

LOL! I just see the hat with the bag. Everything looks really good and quite a home run for the first one made imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    That is a heirloom item right there, I can see some lucky grandkid or great grandkid carrying that around 100 years from now. Things like that are what makes America great.

Cookie Monster
    Exactly this. Bravo!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Thats an amazing job. While I have almost no use for a brief case, I kind of want one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    That is a heirloom item right there, I can see some lucky grandkid or great grandkid carrying that around 100 years from now. Things like that are what makes America great.

Cookie Monster
    Great point.
    As good as it looks now, think how it'll be in 5,10,20 years as it gets some wear...

Beautiful work. That's impressive.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List