Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Un-Tucked Shirts - Sources?

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    In most environments untucked isn't business casual.
    Doesn't this thread presuppose that for the OP it is?

I'm in a similar boat to the OP. weird "tuckable" clips on the belt are going to get called out likety split. I can easily get away with an untucked, perhaps plaid, button-down, short-sleeve shirt over khaki pants as typical attire. I've not had good luck with the pricing or the fitting of the various dedicated or purpose-built shirts like the 5.11 (I also find them to be cut like a tent). I'd love to find something functional but also a bit mroe "normal" (i.e. from a conventional, non-tactical brand) that also doesn't involve ironing.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Doesn't this thread presuppose that for the OP it is?.
    I re-read the OP, remembered that he's in The Republic, and edited my post.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    My solution when I need to tuck is to trade my chopped 17 for a Shield in the JM Tuckable AIWB, no clip's show and gives you a much deeper area to tuck the shirt than any other "tuckable" I've come across.

I find that when I need to tuck and prefer discretion that a Smartcarry works well. I am able to carry a Glock 19 without changing my dress or without requiring me to buy expensive shirts.

I buy golf shirts at Belk's or Sam's Club in C. FL. The part spandex 2xl PGA Tour brand in darker colors drape nicely over an aiwb P30, they don't shrink and they are noticeably cooler than traditional polo type shirts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

In warm weather, I generally wear short sleeve "camp shirt" styles by outdoor brands like ExOfficio, North Face, Mountain Hardwear, Royal Robbins and REI.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Walmart around here has a brand called George or something. Square cut sueded shirts that are loose fitting. Mine have held up a couple of years through EDW. Can't beat that for less than $20.
    I was hesitant to mention that brand, and Puritan (also a Wally World "special" brand), for fear of being considered a cultural pygmy. But I agree, they are great CCW shirts for IWB carry when you're not trying to impress anyone.

As for me, I'm not looking for a job nor a woman, so... comfort and economy rules most days.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    In warm weather, I generally wear short sleeve "camp shirt" styles by outdoor brands like ExOfficio, North Face, Mountain Hardwear, Royal Robbins and REI.
    Royal Robbins at least also makes long sleeve versions.

And depending on the particular office, wearing them in combination with dress slacks like brooks brothers or something, along with nice dress shoes, can up the formality factor.

As a complete tangent, I've found the little interior pocket in the brooks brothers pants works great for being able to deploy a pkal folder.

For un-tucked but nicely casual with Khakis, I use Lands End Short Sleeve Supima Interlock Pocket Polos, Plain Polos or Striped polos. Plenty of colors to choose from.

They have no tails and hang in the ideal position for me. I'm 5'11 210lbs, athletic build.

http://www.landsend.com/products/men...hirt/id_248708

http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...26789-_-426790

ETA: Their Original Mesh Polo Shirts have tails on them, and I don't use them.

I have good luck with Columbia, Eddie Bauer, LL Bean, and assorted brands often found at Kohls, JC Penney, etc. A variety of material weights are available, as well as prints and patterns that help break up bulges. I've done many of the dedicated CCW shirts and found a poor cost:benefit, or other aspects of them wanting in one way or another. Some also have tells to them that set them apart from other casual wear.

The 5.11 offerings are mediocre and inconsistent in sizing and build quality.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List