Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safariland SLS & Glock Beavertails

We just issued nearly 2000 6360's with Gen4's. For those with this problem, in a 2 day transition course the repetition of draw strokes made this a non issue after the 2 days. The hood seemed to loosen up just enough. On the other hand after personally seeing 650 of the 6360's, we did have about a dozen of them where the ALS did not release correct.

That is odd that some fit fine with the beavertail backstraps and some don't.

I know for mine, the SLS hits the bevertail approx 1/4-1/2 of an inch before it is in the locked position, so while it does almost lock, forcing the SLS over the beavertail into the locked position is definetly something you can feel is not fitting smoothly.

I can force the SLS up over the beavertail into the lock position, but then drawing from the holster, the SLS catches on the top of the bevertail and pushes against the beavertail so hard you can bearly get the SLS down.... Definetly not smooth

Surf, can you go into more detail about what was the problem you were having with the ALS?

Just about everyone who added a backstrap had this issue. You can also adjust tension with the tensioning block inside the bottom of the holster. After that it tends to loosen up on its own. All holsters will have a bit of variation.

The problem with the ALS was that it would not release well. The problem ALS holsters needed a very hard press to the rear for it to unlock. The ALS should release easily with just the thumb resting on it with a correct release on the SLS.

Our people went from a 070 holster which requires a rock back. This new holster is completely opposite and that was the hardest thing to retrain our people. Once you start "thumbing" for the ALS you draw is screwed. A good draw and sub 1's is reasonable and .8's or less is doable
    Last edited by Surf; 10-20-2014 at 02:30 PM.

I was having problems when I took the holster right out of the package and inserted the gun it felt like the gun was stuck .

I would put my 17 In the same holster and would have no problems with fit or release but when I would put the 34 in it would feel like it was stuck.

I realized I had to loosen the block at the bottom of the holster and that helped some.

Do you think if I forced the strap up over the beavertail and let it sit that would loosen it up enough to make the SLS lock and be usable and smooth?

This is from August 2, 2013, but I didn't see it until today:

Safariland® Duty Gear Service Bulletin
    Re: GLOCK Gen4 Beavertail Back Strap - Holster Service Bulletin

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...f?v=1589558082

I don't understand why Safariland doesn't offer a longer/higher hood as an option.

Beavertails are one thing, but not working with aftermarket sights? (I don't get it.)

User Tag List