Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safariland SLS & Glock Beavertails

Safariland SLS & Glock Beavertails

I have just picked up a new G34 Gen 4 for duty and would like to use the factory Medium beavertail backstrap that comes with it but it interferes with the 6360's SLS hood...

Anybody else having this problem or heard of a solution?

.... I have seen something Safariland has released saying not to use the Glock beavertail backstraps with their SLS holsters but the above stated question remains...

Thanks!

Site Supporter
    I have seen other deputies cut the strap to fit the beavertail, but I am not sure what this does to the retention.

My G22 has the medium strap installed and the SLS strap does rest against the beavertail in it's locked position. It doesn't really interfere with the operation because when pressure is on the SLS it's already forward and rotating from the beavertail. You could always trim it from the underside a little to help out. Different applications may have differing results but mines been good since we got the 6360s.

This pick shows how the SLS drags on the holster body during normal operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen the cutting of the strap, I was trying to stay away from this but will do it if necessary.

When I put the SLS back into the lock position, it stops a short way from locking because it contacts the beavertail.

I think the SLS is a little too thin to grind under, and the beavertail extends up higher than even the highest point of the SLS is thick, so even if I grinded all the way through the SLS, the beavertail would still be taller.

I am assuming cutting a half circle in the strap would possibly be the ticket...

That's weird, mine locks in place and the SLS only rests against the beavertail. If it were me, I would just trim around it. You can always get replacement parts from Safariland if you wanted to get a spare to experiment with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't the beavertail still serve it's function pretty much if it were shaved down for clearance instead?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Couldn't the beavertail still serve it's function pretty much if it were shaved down for clearance instead?
    This is what I was thinking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Doh! I never considered that. Good thinking!

So we are thinking trimming down/ reducing the actual beaver tail might be the solution?

I have the large beaver tail on my G22. It worked fine. The hood lock like in the pictures. I could always unlock the hood and draw my weapon like normal. It was a non-issue for me.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill
    C.A. P.C. 832

User Tag List