Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Must Have" Apps?

Quote Originally Posted by glockspeed31 View Post
    Be careful when using your phone as a shot timer. Most of the phone microphones can not handle the sound report. There was some talk of this over on the Enos forums.
    Oddly enough, a lot of people are finding the mics are good enough for dry fire clicks. So, even if it doesn't work on the range, don't delete it yet, it may still be useful

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Mapquest. Turn by turn voice navigation for free.
    Just got it, works great.

Quote Originally Posted by glockspeed31 View Post
    Be careful when using your phone as a shot timer. Most of the phone microphones can not handle the sound report. There was some talk of this over on the Enos forums.
    Yeah, I am worried about this, but my iPhone is 3 years old now, so I figure if adjusting the sensitivity doesn't work and my mic gets damaged, I'll cave and throw it out.

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    Oddly enough, a lot of people are finding the mics are good enough for dry fire clicks. So, even if it doesn't work on the range, don't delete it yet, it may still be useful
    My mic will pick up clicks if someone holds it up near where the gun is (within roughly a foot), so yeah, it could still be useful as long as I don't blow it up .
    --
    Stay Safe,
    Frank

Netflix... Finally got a chance to mess with it tonight. The video quality is awesome and the selection is pretty good. Currently watching The Big Lebowski.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Netflix... Finally got a chance to mess with it tonight. The video quality is awesome and the selection is pretty good. Currently watching The Big Lebowski.
    Careful, Little Lebowski might get jealous

I was pleasantly surprised at the picture quality with the Netflix app.

Jay
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

I don't download many apps because I'm very picky. That said, these are the ones I've kept:

PS Express (Photoshop Express) - for easy pic fixes on the fly
    DirecTV - if you have this service you can record to DVR from the iPhone
    Skype - free talk
    Netflix - haven't used it yet though
    Dropbox - lets you transfer files from cpu to iPhone through The Cloud
    Diabetes Buddy - for tracking carbs, I do not have diabetes
    Mint.com - for monitoring any bank accounts, has separate PIN to keep it secret
    Pandora - radio
    PayPal - if you have an account or do online buying/selling, very helpful
    eBay - if you eBay at all this app is faster than using your computer, very nice
    ShotTimer - described above, great for all my dryfire drills
    Google - if you use gmail this is a godsend as the default Mail app sucks for gmail
    Redlaser - scan a barcode to see where it is cheapest near you
    Amazon - makes using amazon a breeze, also has barcode scanner to compare prices amazon vs wherever you are
    Urbanspoon - way better than Yelp, shows restaurants near you with randomizer
    Dictionary - you always need one
    Wikipanion - if you like to look up things on wikipedia to settle arguments, this works great
    Convert - for converting measurements
    W&Y Pages - phone book for the iPhone
    Last edited by dravz; 03-24-2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: forgot a couple

User Tag List