Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Must Have" Apps?

"Must Have" Apps?

What are some of the "must have" apps that pistol-forum.com regulars should be aware of? The Tapatalk thing is fantastic and already on my iPhone - what else?

Instapaper. It's the best way to archive an article for reading later, anywhere - at home on your computer, your iPhone, IPad, work computer's browser, you name it.

You sign up for a free account and add the "Read it later" bookmark to all of your browsers. Then when you're skimming an article you want to really read later, just click the "Read it later" bookmark and the article sans ads and other BS is archived to your Instapaper account and you can read it using the app or going to your online account. Sharing with friends via email is also there's and I use that daily.

At Bat 2011 is invaluable for baseball fans.

Clinometer is another really useful thing once it's calibrated, for all the home improvement guys out there. I can't remember the last time I got my level out of the garage.

Pandora radio. If you enjoy music this is a must. Free too.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Pandora is worth the subscription. Awesome app.

I -much- prefer slacker for my mobile radio needs.
    I don't understand what's happening, but I have a soldering iron.

+1 to Slacker radio.

Also, Angry Birds
    --
    Stay Safe,
    Frank

Site Supporter
    Yelp

It will find anything anywhere. Pretty much everything will have reviews of it. Once you have found what you're looking for, press map, and Google Maps pops up and will direct you there.

+1 to Angry Birds. Also, Shazam. Hold it up to the radio and it tells you what the song title and artist is.

Great stuff - a guy at work was just talking about Pandora.

What else?

iheartradio is a really good one, it has most of the radio stations around here. Angry Birds is damned addicting. Best Camera and Camera+ are two I will use here and there, along with Photobucket and Flickr. I have pretty much dedicated my photobucket account to an iPhone photo dump for forum posting. The Wikipedia app is really nice as well. IMDB and Netflix are must have movie apps. IMDB is far more useful than the regular web version. For Fios people, the Fios app for iPhone is amazing. Full control of your DVR and a live program guide wherever you go.

User Tag List