Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: safariland holsters

czech6,

I pilfered this from the thread I linked above but you can see the multiple 3 hole options I was referring to below.

Kev,

Would you be willing to share reasons behind your preference for the SLS alone vs the ALS/SLS models? I know lots of folks prefer the ALS only but I've always felt the retention with both devices was quite a bit better.

TIA,

t

Holster Ops says they make a 7360 for your gun/light combo

http://www.holsterops.com/7ts-model-7360

The 7360 and 6360 are pretty much the same holster for all intents and purposes, with the differences being materials of construction and appearance. Either would work well.

I'm carrying the 6360 at work, as is most of my agency. IMHO it's the most secure, fastest, best designed duty holster ever built.

I was carrying the drop shank on my holster, which would be the 6365 in the catalog IIRC, but after a change in cars at work I found the holster getting jammed up into my hip due to the lower ride holster being forced into the driver seat. Over some time that led to some wicked sciatic issues for me. Since going to the higher ride holster (I actually just switched shanks since the parts are modular) I haven't noted any differences in draw times when I broke out the timer and put it to the test.

Recommend that you pick one of those two in the xx60 model, if you want the lower drop then you can buy the lower ride shank for cheap and swap the parts out later.

The 73xx/7TS models do have the advantage of being able to buff out scratches on the holster with a scrub pad so that you don't look like Joe Shit the Rag Man years down the road or have to buy a new holster because it got ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I'm carrying the 6360 at work, as is most of my agency. IMHO it's the most secure, fastest, best designed duty holster ever built.
    ^^^This. The 6360 is the fastest level III holster I have ever used. I did remove the hood guard though as it likes to try to tear my thumb nail off. I like the images I have seen of the 73xx I have seen but haven't handled one yet. As Chuck noted, the 73xx aren't the prettiest but neither is my 6360 after 4 years of patrol use.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    czech6,

Kev,

Would you be willing to share reasons behind your preference for the SLS alone vs the ALS/SLS models? I know lots of folks prefer the ALS only but I've always felt the retention with both devices was quite a bit better.

TIA,

t
    It's just a preference thing. My career started with the old 070 (SSIII) which I still think is a decent holster. I then went to the Raptor Level II and eventually the 6280 (SLS). I carried the 6360 (ALS) for awhile and while a good holster, I'm faster with the 6280 and it just suits my needs. I also like where and how it rides on my belt and the overall way they're constructed.

I'm a 1911 guy and find with the ALS and the thumb safety there is too much going on. It's slow for that particular gun. I've used the 6360 and don't find anything wrong with it if you're using a Glock or other gun where there is no safety to manipulate.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    It's just a preference thing. My career started with the old 070 (SSIII) which I still think is a decent holster. I then went to the Raptor Level II and eventually the 6280 (SLS). I carried the 6360 (ALS) for awhile and while a good holster, I'm faster with the 6280 and it just suits my needs. I also like where and how it rides on my belt and the overall way they're constructed.

I'm a 1911 guy and find with the ALS and the thumb safety there is too much going on. It's slow for that particular gun. I've used the 6360 and don't find anything wrong with it if you're using a Glock or other gun where there is no safety to manipulate.

Good copy, Sir. Thanks for the response. That makes sense.

I still have the rare hiccup at speed with the 6360. I'd guess I'd say I'm a skosh less consistent with it than with the 6280s but I appreciate the additional security.

Anyway, thanks again. And sorry for the derail butler coach.

t

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Good copy, Sir. Thanks for the response. That makes sense.

I still have the rare hiccup at speed with the 6360. I'd guess I'd say I'm a skosh less consistent with it than with the 6280s but I appreciate the additional security.

Anyway, thanks again. And sorry for the derail butler coach.

t
    No worries here. i just ordered a 7360 to save some money. thanks for everyone for the information. i am sure i will be starting new threads because i have lots of questions.

The 73xx/7TS models do have the advantage of being able to buff out scratches on the holster with a scrub pad so that you don't look like Joe Shit the Rag Man years down the road or have to buy a new holster because it got ugly.
    The 6360 is available in STX TAC and STX basket weave, in which the pattern is impressed directly into the plastic. It is cheaper, and far more resilient than the fake dead cow outer layer of the laminated version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    The 6360 is available in STX TAC and STX basket weave, in which the pattern is impressed directly into the plastic. It is cheaper, and far more resilient than the fake dead cow outer layer of the laminated version.
    We issue the "Tac" finish, it still scratches up and looks like ass after a few years, or your first ground fight, whichever comes first.

We issue the "Tac" finish, it still scratches up and looks like ass after a few years, or your first ground fight, whichever comes first.
    Copy.

Site Supporter
    I know exactly what you mean except I had a SLS only with the STX finish. Can someone tell me this. Does the ALS rub the finish down on the slide?

User Tag List