Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Tactical training for the CCW holder

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Though maybe a good way to bait, wouldn't the potential time it could buy you be outweighed by the possibility that it would make you a more likely target in the first place?
    I usually look down towards my phone when looking around rooms etc., and not trying to look like I'm casing the joint...
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    How could they have? They're buried in their phones. Seriously, though, to me that's just one of those things like "Billy Bob's driven home from the bar every night for fifteen years without hittin' nothing."
    Honestly, if I knew someone who'd driven home from the bar every night for fifteen years and never had a problem, if someone asked me if I thought it seemed likely that he'd have a problem tonight, I'd say no. Maybe he's gotten lucky 5500 times in a row, but I'd personally conclude that whatever he was doing appeared to be relatively low-risk.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Kids today... back in my day we etc. !
    Reading back over the last several posts, I can't see where anybody has suggested that inattentiveness in public was some kind of new phenomenon, although I don't recall as much actual preambulating while reading the Chicago Tribune held up in front of people's faces, possibly due to aerodynamic reasons and possibly because it actually blocked vision rather than merely absorbing attention and most people don't understand that the latter can be almost as bad as the former.

As far as speakers over the ears in public, I know I nearly got hit by a car while riding my bike listening to a portable cassette player before there ever was a Macintosh, let alone an iPod to plug into it.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

This is a great thread, I myself am pretty new to firearms and a lot of the courses mentioned seemed to predispose a reasonable
    amount of competency.

Im a recent CCW holder, I took an introduction to pistol class and a CCW class, one thing i find confusing is the sheer amount
    of training options available with so many people offering training and how to gauge training being worthwhile. Prior to doing
    the intro and ccw I had a special forces veteran friend give me a 'lesson', it was about as much use as a chocolate tea pot
    because despite being very competent himself it was a bit of a 'point it and do it' affair and he certainly couldn't communicate
    what he was doing which put me off a bit..

I try and dry fire everyday and am going to the range once or twice a week on top of that
    I'm a bit dinged up at the moment and train Russian Sambo one or two times a week as I'm recovering and strength and conditioning
    five times a week on the non-firearms side.

In terms of basic training courses what should you look for or at a basic level does it matter that much? Any tips and wisdom would be greatly
    appreciated

Sly fox....read as many aar"s as you can find and see what appeals to you......hits in dallas is a good place to start............good luck....cya retro
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    Sly fox....read as many aar"s as you can find and see what appeals to you......hits in dallas is a good place to start............good luck....cya retro
    Thanks Mike, will do

Never been there but I hear good things about them and the guys that run it post here on a regular basis. They seem to be good guys although they might need to harden up some.

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

NETim.....HiTS is a gunfightin school like Thuder Ranch.The range ain't near as sophisticated but the instruction is......cya Retro
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

NETim.....HiTS is a gunfightin school like Thuder Ranch.The range ain't near as sophisticated but the instruction is......cya Retro
    Oh I have absolutely no doubt it's a great school. I like what they have to say and what they emphasize in their training (accuracy.) I've been considering going to one of their classes.

Just having some fun with my buddy Nyeti is all.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

I knew what you were trying to do.......It just wasn't funny....Its gunfighting, so Harden the F*$& Up . I swear all that weed is getting over the border up there from Colorado.......
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List