Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Claude knocks one out of the ballpark, yet again...........

Claude knocks one out of the ballpark, yet again...........

Yes he did.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Solid logic; concise explanation. Agreed: that was good stuff.

Like!

Site Supporter
    The resistance to training fascinates me since we know how useful it is. We discussed this before that training threatens the male ego as you have to perform and look stupid at times in what a real man should know how to do instinctually. I see it all the time with some 'gun' guys. Rather talk about the new +++P++++ neutronium round.

Great summary by Claude.

I decided long ago that if I come out of a training session feeling good about myself then it was probably a waste of time. Most life lessons in anything are learned through failure. If I'm not pushing myself to my failure point it's just an ego stroke.

Wise words from Claude.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Very glad to have Claude local to me. I've trained with him once and look forward to doing so again.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The resistance to training fascinates me since we know how useful it is.
    1) That's money you could use to buy a new gun.
    2) Both training and competition force you to exhibit your abilities in front of others. If you have been lying to yourself about those abilities, it will be brought to your attention.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I decided long ago that if I come out of a training session feeling good about myself then it was probably a waste of time. Most life lessons in anything are learned through failure. If I'm not pushing myself to my failure point it's just an ego stroke.

Wise words from Claude.
    Then I've been spending my very wisely. There have been some long drives home the last few years.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The resistance to training fascinates me since we know how useful it is.
    I may just be the guy that doesn't know what I don't know, but I've experienced the following:

After the first real training class I took, the subsequent half dozen or so pistol courses have been more valuable to me to incentivize my interim training to get ready for the next class than the learning in the classes themselves. "I don't want to look like an idiot in front of others" has been a motivator, at least for me. Perhaps this is just my experience or the fact that classes compared to individual training are very brief.
    Last edited by mizer67; 11-10-2014 at 08:08 PM.

User Tag List