Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Tappatalk worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    It's far easier to navigate, read, and post. Everything is sized for a small screen, including buttons. Have you tried using the forum on a small screen, resizing, trying to hit small buttons, etc.?

This.

Only one direction to worry about scrolling: vertically. So much easier than constantly sizing & resizing the forum on a mobile browser or scrolling sideways, etc.

Another bonus is being able to use a black background with white text. Easier on my older eyes and it saves mobile battery life (as most dark backgrounds & wallpapers do) which us a nice benefit.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    It's far easier to navigate, read, and post. Everything is sized for a small screen, including buttons. Have you tried using the forum on a small screen, resizing, trying to hit small buttons, etc.?
    I've had various iterations of the iPhone since 2007 or so, so I am well-versed in doing crazy shit with my fingers to optimize browser usage...I tried tapatalk at Brian Enos forums and it completely turned me off of the software.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    I see people are using Tappatalk. Is it worth the effort and what do you see the advantages are. The website is not that helpful?
    Yes. I use it every day. I prefer to read some forums with it because of its "latest posts" feature.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer Squid View Post
    Yes. I use it every day. I prefer to read some forums with it because of its "latest posts" feature.
    + 1. I find it much easier and faster than the browser. Of course my phone is kind of a POS so YMMV.

We are diminished
    I find is easier to use TT for most things. It still has some quirks. But it is usually faster and has a better UI (especially for posting). Even on my iPad, which has a plenty big enough screen for forum browsing, I prefer using TT.

I do use TT to browse this forum on my iPhone.

IPhone user here, TT is great for the brief moments I can check in on forums at work.

I prefer Opera Mini for smartphones. All the forum functionality but sized for the smaller screen.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    I prefer Opera Mini for smartphones. All the forum functionality but sized for the smaller screen.
    OM was great on my old CrackBerry, I just started using the TT on my Iphone. I'm liking it so far.

I don't remember how much it was, but it was less than $3 and it has been worth it so far. The feature I like the most is multiple forums right out of one app.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List