Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: How Not To Conduct A Traffic Stop

I think this guy's actions are reflective something that TPI has discussed a lot: Complacency.

He was complacent. He knew he was in command of the situation, and acted that way - then found out he stuck his head into the nest of a 10 pound brown recluse spiders who was actually very polite, and really didn't want to kill anyone...

Then he shit a brick because his worldview just got rocked like a Cro-Cop shin kick to the melon with the realization "Oh My G0D I fucked up..."

Rule of Stupid indeed....

Don't go stupid places - shady part of town at night.
    With stupid people - your idiot partner (in this case either one of the LEO's)
    And do stupid things - like stick your fucking head in a car full of people you haven't even ASKED if they were armed, much less searched, while said dumbass partner watches you do it without saying a word or really even paying attention, and then try to cover it up by going batshit crazy and threatening to harass and murder a citizen.

I agree with what's already been said- that LEO knew that if somebody in that car had wanted him dead he'd already be there and it would be largely his own fault. I'd say both of these guys have no business being cops.
    Also with JodyH; I'm afraid my mouth would have gotten the better of me and that nut would have killed or at least beat the hell out of me.

Unfortunately there are a few bad apples that make the rest look bad.

Most of my interactions with police have been positive but a couple have been similar to this. Makes me glad that we have technology like video cameras to weed them out.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

And this is why good procedure in police departments to weed them out is *so* important. Because our whole system of justice depends on citizens trusting (and being able to trust) that these are isolated incidents and not just how police operate. Every cop who has pulled me over for speeding has been completely polite.

Other officers should be concerned that the guy gets fair due process and isn't just run out from political backlash, but in a situation like this, that should be it. I sure as hell would want my coworkers out if they pulled this kind of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    I think this guy's actions are reflective something that TPI has discussed a lot: Complacency.

He was complacent. He knew he was in command of the situation, and acted that way - then found out he stuck his head into the nest of a 10 pound brown recluse spiders who was actually very polite, and really didn't want to kill anyone...

Then he shit a brick because his worldview just got rocked like a Cro-Cop shin kick to the melon with the realization "Oh My G0D I fucked up..."
    I think that you nailed it with this post.

In reference to my gloves question earlier, what was said in answer makes perfect sense, thanks for the explanation gents.
    #RESIST

We are diminished
    I just want to say how impressed I am with the pistol-forum community here. We've got LEOs and private citizens discussing and agreeing about an officer's poor conduct. There's been none of the "he's a cop; if you're not a cop you don't understand" bullshit nor any of the "OMG I H8 cops!" idiocy that seems to come up on other forums. Hell, quite a few of the comments on the YouTube page are outright disgusting.

Thanks to everyone here at PF for realizing we're all on the same side.

On another forum I was visiting there is a link that shoots you to an 'officer' forum (I'm not a member there...). Quite a few of the LEO's on there are actually defending him, belittling folks who post against the officer. Disgusting.

I would echo that if this guy worked with me he would be reported and probably out of a job. We don't have union's here and are 'at will' employees. I do not see how a union (which I think Ohio has) would be able to defend his actions. I have never trained or worked with anyone that acted like this guy.

Funny thing...well, maybe not so funny. My in-laws are down this week and they live in Cuyahoga Falls, about 25 miles from Canton. My father-in-law saw this video yesterday and has now talked himself out of getting a pistol.

The officer has sixteen complaints against him since 2000. Is that out of the norm for a city that size?

Off topic, it pains me that he is a Marine (not active).
    #RESIST

Cops, on a LE dominated board, admitting another cop made a mistake, is just not going to happen.

The Ohio CCW people, on their board, admitting that their guy was riding around with questionable people and didn't assert himself all that well to inform the officer, is not going to happen.

Their is enough shit to spread around for everyone.

Keith,

What 'officer' forum is that? I've got to see this. Pm me if u want.

I cannot imagine defending that behavior. I have to see their "justification".
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List