Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How Not To Conduct A Traffic Stop

From what I understand he knew the woman from a previous job he had as a taxi driver. She asked for a ride, and while he complied she asked to pick up a friend of hers. Judging by how the ccw holder conducted himself after the stop I can truly believe that he was naive enough not to put together the hooker + pimp connection. Once again, he put himself in a bad situation, and it's a good lesson to learn to not put yourself in a bad situation. The high light for me is still the officer's behavior during the stop.

I agree about the rule of stupid.

Like I said, I'm glad for the video. Hopefully the video will keep the officer from going through with his wish to take away that citizen's carry permit and it will shed light on a very unprofessional, angry LEO.
    #RESIST

Gauging the guy's voice....he sure sounded dead honest.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Gauging the guy's voice....he sure sounded dead honest.
    Exactly. Also, the lack of additional charges like possession of controlled substance, etc also pretty much seals it.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

The officer's behavior in the OP is appalling and he should be fired for threatening to execute a citizen along with threatening to assault the other people present. I also believe the assisting officer should be disciplined for not intervening on behalf of the citizen.

The other posters are correct that if you hang out in shady parts of town with shady people you do get unwanted attention.

However, I did like the video LL posted with the former Marine police officer. He was professional, courteous and pretty frickin' funny! And now he's a Youtube star.
    Last edited by Shellback; 07-21-2011 at 11:24 AM.

On thing I kept thinking while watching this was, "SHUT THE FUCK UP."

When dealing with someone that is irate, you're not going to do yourself any good. You're not talking yourself out of it, and are only giving yourself a chance to hurt your case if you misspeak.

Even if the police officer isn't irate, just shut the F up. You're not going to win their game when they've already made a decision to arrest you.

"Oh you're a Marine?.......code 4, we're good"

Gotta love this gunclub.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    On thing I kept thinking while watching this was, "SHUT THE FUCK UP."

When dealing with someone that is irate, you're not going to do yourself any good. You're not talking yourself out of it, and are only giving yourself a chance to hurt your case if you misspeak.

Even if the police officer isn't irate, just shut the F up. You're not going to win their game when they've already made a decision to arrest you.
    Actually, the guy is being charged because he did indeed shut up when told to by the officer. If you peruse the Ohio CCW forums, this seems to be a trend where the officer will charge you with "failure to disclose" if you do not immediately disclose that you are carrying. In one case, a man carrying was charged because it took him 54 seconds to be able to make himself heard. Case was dismissed.

As always, it's not black and white. Truth is in shades of gray quite often. If you peruse the Ohio CCW forums, you will see several cases of professional, courteous, and laudable conduct by officers dealing with armed citizens. There might be even one we know
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    "Oh you're a Marine?.......code 4, we're good"

Gotta love this gunclub.
    We need it after Sgt Major Truscott (retired, anyone who was with 1st Marines in the late 90's knows "T-Rex") did this stupid shit.

Sgt Major Truscott did not allow his Marines to wear Camelbaks in 29 Palms in the summer because they "were not part of the uniform." Seriously.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    We need it after Sgt Major Truscott (retired, anyone who was with 1st Marines in the late 90's knows "T-Rex") did this stupid shit.

Sgt Major Truscott did not allow his Marines to wear Camelbaks in 29 Palms in the summer because they "were not part of the uniform." Seriously.
    That story, wow...unfortunately, that is the kind of behavior that I tend to expect from people who became Senior SNCOs...
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

User Tag List