Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How Not To Conduct A Traffic Stop

Quote Originally Posted by irishshooter View Post
    very frustrating to watch
    That's putting it mildly.

The officer seems to have been looking for an excuse to get aggressive. This makes me very glad for video recording devices for LEOs.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The officer seems to have been looking for an excuse to get aggressive. This makes me very glad for video recording devices for LEOs.
    The problem is that those recordings often are only used/released when doing so benefits the LEO community.

When citizens attempt to video LEOs so that WE have evidence to use on our behalf, we can be found guilty of obstructing justice.

Quote Originally Posted by agent-smith View Post
    The problem is that those recordings often are only used/released when doing so benefits the LEO community.

When citizens attempt to video LEOs so that WE have evidence to use on our behalf, we can be found guilty of obstructing justice.
    True in many cases. There's a few organizations working to clear up the laws in the few states that try and insist that a police officer on duty cannot be recorded. I myself, plan to record any interaction between myself and an LEO that is talking to me in an official capacity.

However, the word is getting out.

#RESIST

The officer aside, I want to talk about the rule of stupid for a second. The biggest takeaway I get from this video is "don't pick up hookers in shady parts of town". I spent enough time working in the political side of this thing to realize that perception of our action when we're packing is tremendously important.

It's just like the rules people have for when they're carrying: such as not drinking or not giving in to road rage. They want their actions to be above reproach when they're armed, and that's something we should all strive for.

I'm not blaming the permit holder for the cop's response, but I'm certainly faulting him for apparently picking up a pro in a shady part of town.

Maybe I misunderstood it but it looked to me like he was giving a ride to someone who was talking to a female that had previous arrests for prostitution. The CCW holder was not picking up the female himself.
    #RESIST

I believe the driver stated he was giving them both a ride and that she had asked him for the ride.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood it but it looked to me like he was giving a ride to someone who was talking to a female that had previous arrests for prostitution.
    Any way you slice it, he was doing something stupid with someone stupid in a stupid place. Three strikes and look what happened... He drew the winning ticket in the Confrontation with Angry Cop lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpd54 View Post
    I believe the driver stated he was giving them both a ride and that she had asked him for the ride.
    General rule of thumb: when a woman in a shady part of town asks you for a "ride" at like 3am, the correct answer is "no".

If nothing else, this reenforces the age old adage that cops are people. Many many stupid people exist, and a few are bound to become law enforcement officers. There is nothing that can be done to stop it. Unfortunately, you just have to be prepared for, like TLG said, "winning the Angry Cop Lottery."

That said, I think you have a better chance of winning the REAL lottery than running into an officer like this. The ratio of Good People:Bad people is far far higher in law enforcement then, likely, any other profession.

As to the driver and his actions? He needs to stop being nice. I'm gonna give the guy the benefit of the doubt here, and buy his story that he was out looking for a job with a sweeping company (he seems like that sort of guy) and that he had a good reason to be driving around the Red Light District at that hour. What he didn't need to be doing was offering people (former cab fares?) rides in said district. That's a good way to get into this situation or worse.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List