Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven or Bravo Concealment?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    For OWB, I like the Raven. Their QD loops are enough of a selling point for me to keep coming back to them.
    The QMS mount they have is on the shortlist of things other companies do that I wish I had thought of.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Re the OP's question - Raven is a nicer better finished holster than Bravo.

The bravo isn't bad but those little touches = comfort when wearing the holster all day. I have one Kaluban Cloak for a P229r - it's ok but I prefer the fit of the Raven. Plus they've had some issues on the business / delivery side.

Ive tried one JM holster and was impressed. Another good option here in TX is Contact Concealment.

Just ordered two holsters from JM

Quote Originally Posted by 4mykaren View Post
    Just ordered two holsters from JM
    Good move, got three myself.
    #RESIST

I've got both and both are fitted for an x300U. If you find yourself running the gum without the light I find the Bravo has a bit more retention than the Raven. The Bravo uses the ejection port for retention where as Raven does not.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    I've got both and both are fitted for an x300U. If you find yourself running the gum without the light I find the Bravo has a bit more retention than the Raven. The Bravo uses the ejection port for retention where as Raven does not.

Mike
    That's nice to know about the ejection port, thanks!

The current images on Bravo's website do not show an ejection port that retains the firearm. Personally I would avoid them if they did. I think all of the names mentioned in this thread thus far do not.

I think I picked up that Bravo a year or so ago, maybe they changed the design. Out of curiosity why is ejection port retention a bad thing?

Mike

Not necessarily bad but I have yet to see one that is molded in that does not cause issues with the slide going into battery.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Not necessarily bad but I have yet to see one that is molded in that does not cause issues with the slide going into battery.
    Oh yes, I did notice this when I did not have my WML mounted but I can't say that it was out of battery after the draw stroke. Either way thats a good point.

Mike

User Tag List