Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taurus - Look at this mess

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    And yet, you will still get called out on "Gun Nuts" for being a snob & hater.
    Yup, I bashed a Taurus, and now I go to my safe to cradle my collection of Wilson CQB's and Korth revolvers, because all people who point out that Taurus sucks are rich gun snobs

Never fails.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Look at this mess
    While revolvers definitely have their own benefits (including good reliability, ease of use and self-contained ammunition capacity), there's just no comparison with semiautomatic pistols when it comes to engineering simplicity and robustness.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Took it to the range today. I fired 420 rounds through it as fast as I could stuff the cylinders. It survived just fine. Accuracy wasn't great, and when I was done I found out why. The one or more of the chambers isn't lining up correctly with the forcing cone, resulting in this:

Attachment 2693
    Caleb, dude, you need a range rod. I can personally vouch that hot .357 rounds out of a chamber that far out of whack can send copper shavings back into your hands that will take months to work their way back up to the surface.
    --
    At some point, I'll have to post a video of my PT-22's acquiescent safety lever; pull the trigger hard enough, and it just comes off by itself to please you.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention; under the force cone? You see those shiny bits on the frame? That's where the cylinder is impacting the frame because it doesn't lock up super tight.
    Not trying to tell you your bidness, but I think I'd stop shooting that, or at least stop shooting it while I was holding it in my hands, near my face.

You could strap it to an anvil or something, and pull the trigger with a string...

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Not trying to tell you your bidness, but I think I'd stop shooting that, or at least stop shooting it while I was holding it in my hands, near my face.

You could strap it to an anvil or something, and pull the trigger with a string...
    Oh it's officially a safe queen now. I shot enough ammo through it to figure that it's basically broken and won't be shooting it any more.

Oh it's officially a safe queen now. I shot enough ammo through it to figure that it's basically broken and won't be shooting it any more.
    You probably shot that more than a typical Taurus revolver ever gets shot (probably most get far less than 420 rounds in their entire lives) but it demonstrates that Taurus quality remains unacceptable--the chance of getting a bad gun is simply too high.

Meanwhile, I'm visualizing the Taurus factory as a place where samba parties break out with some regularity and "close enough for government work" has become "close enough for all work."

I plan on continuing my "quest for a budget 38" with an Armscor wheelie soon, because hell at least they have a robust IPSC culture in the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    the chance of getting a bad gun is simply too high.

"
    Impossible, because Taurus does not make guns. They make metal ,1:1 scale models of actual firearms .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Impossible, because Taurus does not make guns. They make metal ,1:1 scale models of actual firearms .
    I have referred to the PT1911 as a "1911 shaped object"

I've had Tauri in the past that worked, but over the past few years I have seen one bad gun after another. The revolvers seem to be worse in that regard.

User Tag List