Thread: Galil?

Galil?

Saw a semi-local ad for a Galil in 7.62 x 39. Seems unusual. Anyone have any experience or know anything about them?.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    It will be a U.S. build - no pre bans in that caliber- I seem to recall Nyeti mentioning having and/ or selling a 7.62x39 Galil.

I have a pre- ban Galil 386 - because / the 80's. it's accurate and reliable but very heavy for a 5.56 carbine. I can see why the Israelis jumped on the Colt carbines.

According to the ad, it was built by Jeff Miller.

Paging nyeti, there is a Galil thread for you.

7.62 x39 is the caliber Galil's should have been in. The currents are US made and hit or miss. Some folks are great at making them, others...not so much. Mine had issues, but was fixed by another smith than the one who built it. Fairly minor issues. I sold it recently during the big "I need an assault weapon craze". I figured I had some great AK's at that point, particularly my Arsenal SAM7SF that I am beyond happy with, and I have a real 5.56 Galil. I love the Galil, but my SAM7 SF is a better gun in its weight class. In its time, the Galil was the best of the AK's out there.

I worked with a guy from an elite Israeli recon unit. He liked the Galil SAR and used them extensively for certain deep recon missions where adverse conditions performance was critical. He preferred the CAR for urban missions. To this day, the one I really want is a shortened .308 Galil (those of the 80's ilk will remember the Taylor made Galil that Chuck Taylor made). I still love my 5.56 gun, but it is in the "example" category in my safe along with the 50-63 FAL, and HK 91's.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

iirc IWI should be selling newly imported galil ace carbines in 7.62x39 at some point this year

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    iirc IWI should be selling newly imported galil ace carbines in 7.62x39 at some point this year
    Yes, and for whatever reason, they'll be importing the pistol versions first then the carbines.

User Tag List